I don't eat fish. Where to start?

Yeah, but just load it up. One of my old housemates liked doing coriander, garlic, soy sauce and scotch bonnet.

1 Like

Well, today I’m making filets with tomato salsa and herbal crust…
Ramsey recipe again…
We shall see how this will come out. Should be way more flavorful than the previous recipe because I will fey the fish and then bake it with the crust and the salsa…

2 Likes

Yeah, too much crust…

The fillets are on the bottom with tomato salsa with some onions and garlic over it and all that bread on top…

I fucked it up…

At least the bread pudding looks good…

4 Likes

Id go it :slight_smile: nice meal.

1 Like

It’s actually pretty good. Just a bit too much bread crumbs on top…

I am cooking salmon in the roaster atm. Mashed potatoes too.

1 Like

2 Likes

What’s on top the salmon? Bechemel?

It is salad dressing plus the fat that I guess went to the top.

1 Like

Try baking at 350 for like 30 minutes with a salad dressing glaze. Caesar or italian are the best.

If I ever cook salmon I will steam it with some spices… No baking or frying…

I am well American, we bake and fry everything, but I never have not liked it baked.

2 Likes

I don’t mind…
I just adore how the steamed salmon tasted back when I had it in UK.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what is steaming?

1 Like

Are you serious?
You basically cook the whatever using steam… It doesn’t boil, it doesn’t get any color, it becomes extremely juicy because it absorbs moisture from the steam…

3 Likes

Basically I do something similar, I just put fresh veggies in a pot and put water and simmer.

1 Like

Ah, also forgot a really easy meal that I do (but stinks the house out a bit, so open a window).

Few smoked mackerel fillets with the skin taken off, fried in a tiny bit of olive oil until they’re broken up well with a couple of cloves of garlic (chopped), half an onion (diced), a bell pepper of whatever colour (in manageable bits, idk), and however much chilli you like.

Add 300g green beans (french beans, whatever you want to call them) halved, and about 200g of sliced new potatoes that have been par boiled. Add a can of chopped tomatoes, and half a can more water, and let it simmer down for about 30 minutes.

1 Like

Issue number one

Bones… Too many bones… Issue number 2…

Normally smoked mackerel comes as pre-boned fillets, at least here in supermarkets in the UK.

1 Like

Even a filet of mackerel have tiny bones in the meat itself… I’ve heard people say if you fry the mackerel they melt into the meat so you can eat it freely, but I don’t want to deal with that.
One of the main reasons aside from the smell, that I haven’t been eating fish is about 8 years… I don’t want to pick through bones when I can just eat other meats without thinking about it…

1 Like