I didn’t install motherboard drivers now it doesn’t work

So I bought a new msi intel motherboard to replace my current one. I put in all the components in and started my system. It told me to put in motherboard CD to install the drivers. It then took me to a page which I’m guessing is the BIOS to install the drivers. It was very confusing as I’ve never used an msi motherboard before. I didn’t download the drivers and I went to save changes and reboot. I clicked the option and waited for my system to reboot but it didn’t I’m guessing because I didn’t install the drivers now the motherboard doesn’t work. The cpu fan spins and my mouse still works but the keyboard doesn’t work neither does the disk drive. I tried plugging the keyboard to every USB port in the system but it didn’t work. Now when I start the system it it doesn’t show anything and I can’t get back into the BIOS. I’m not sure what to do now. I swapped back to the old motherboard to take the CD out and the system works fine but when I tried to plug everything back in it didn’t work I get the same problem. I’m not sure what to do now please help

Looks like you bricked a motherboard by updating its firmware and failing. Some motherboards have a bios switch that can access a backup bios in cases when such as this happens.

Otherwise you may need to return this and maybe pay for repair.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.