I could use some help with grub

Ok I need to give some background first.

I have been using /abusing a duel boot system for about 10 years, upgrading and changing what OSes I’ve been using but always having a windows install going. After some changes and a new rig, I was setting up the old system as a server and decided to use just windows as this was for a games server. As it was installed on it’s own drive, I pulled the rest and now all I get when trying to boot off the drive is the grub command line. Also I have to select the drive in the bios to boot as it won’t let me priority boot to it.

Is there a way to fix grub or uninstall it? And why does the bios not recognize the drive as bootable anymore?

Did you " sudo update-grub " ?

I don’t have a linux install anymore for that machine… Does the grub command line have that command?

you will need to use a live usb with Linux and chroot into the partition with grub and update
on arch it’s grub-mkconfig -o (output) /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Oh, sorry I misread. Yes I think you would need to update grub using a live usb as suggested above. However for what you want to achieve, maybe try using a windows boot disk/usb - ‘repair system’ - might fix windows bootloader and circumvent or erase grub.

Well after trying way to many things that didn’t work, I found this post (found below) and after following it I don’t seem to have grub anywhere. I have no idea what the last 2 commands are for and the last one didn’t even work. Atleast windows loads now and does so through restarts.

Boot from the Windows 10 Installation USB flash drive. At the first screen, press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Run:
diskpart
list vol <- judging by the sizes listed and possibly the label, figure out which one is your installed Windows partition, also note which drive letter it looks like the USB flash drive is assigned
select vol # <- replace # with the actual volume number of your installed Windows partition
active
exit
X: <- change this drive letter to the drive letter of the installation USB flash drive.
CD \boot
bootsect /nt60 C: /force /mbr <- change C: to match the drive letter of your installed Windows partition you found in diskpart
bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f ALL <-Change both C: to match the drive letter or your installed Windows partition
exit

Exit setup by clicking the red X in the upper left corner of the Window. Remove the USB flash drive and reboot your computer.