I can't believe it has come to this... Help with Linode+Wordpress

Hey all

So I am trying my hand at building a website using Wordpress and Linode. This is all new territory for me.

I had one working a couple months ago but messed something up and decided to nuke it and start fresh.

I used the one-click set up to install Wordpress and create the Linode the first time prior to my goof and currently. I am able to get the site up and going and and view the generic “Hello World” site as well as able to get to the log in page. But this is where the issue starts. I should be able to use the Wordpress Admin username as well as the Wordpress Admin Password that I used when I first created the Linode. But they are not working. I am getting an error that says the password I used for the entered username is incorrect. Is this right?

I have now recreated this Linode close to 5 times thinking that I have typed a username/password incorrectly and now have resorted to copy/paste from a notepad so I do not mistype something.

If this is a simple dummy fix I give permission to roast (nicely).

when you whip it, it resets everything.

You won’t be able to use the same credentials.

I am not familiar with the one-click solution. Does Linode send you the login info?

So the one-click solution should install all the necessary software to run Wordpress…

During the set up of the Linode it prompts for
Wordpress admin username and password as well as MySQL and Database passwords all for the Wordpress portion alone.
Then later in the set up it prompts for a Root password for the linode itself.

But the set up is where I think my issue is arising from. I know when I set my first site up I used the One-click solutions. But when I complete it this time it just doesn’t seem to be the same. The process looks different.

maybe if they have one-click for apache+php+mariadb, try that, unzip wordpress in /var/www (or where the root folder will be) and install it yourself, shouldnt be hard

*or nginx+php+mariadb (in case people get triggered over me mentioning Apache)

I highly recommend using Plesk to manage your Wordpress sites if possible, this sits on top of a Linux host and manages security / domains / SSL / Wordpress installs / backups etc.

There is a license cost but the tools it gives you save so much time, to me it’s a no brianer.