I bought Battlefront 2....ugh

The game seems to be very, very buggy. Even on the Xbox:

And I don’t think they fool anyone by temporary halting the micro-transactions. They’ll re-do it twice over after a little while.

4 Likes
4,258 hours / 24 = 188.66666666666666666666666666667 days

189 days / 7 = 26.952380952380952380952380952381 weeks

27 / 4 = 6.75 months

Only the well off could afford $2,100 in disposable income for a fucking game.

…There isn’t a single gif on the internet that can express my inability to conceive spending that amount of time or money on a game to enable fucking **base content*…let alone *any content!!1!1!1!!!

I hope this will be the death knell for EA and microtransactions.

1 Like

If one played the game as a full time job, that’s over two years with no vacation.

This, I really, really, really hope this. Just because EA pulled the worst one so far doesn’t mean they will be the last. It has to stop.

I guess on the plus side I have plenty of games in my backlog that I own but haven’t played or finished yet… :thinking:

You most likely should have gone with the regular edition… the Deluxe Super Duper Edition is mostly for early access and beta access. so if it is for Christmas that was likely extra money needlessly spent… However, I really do enjoy the game. It plays really well on PC and isn’t even close to as pay to win as everyone makes it out to be.

Maybe not a gif but an image.
QVQwkvx

1 Like

Nope, still not adequate.

I really wish the government would step in and regulate this shit, since it’s worse than gambling (You at least know the odds in gambling and they can’t be changed on a whim.) but the government has bigger fish to fry. Gaming just still isn’t big enough to warrant that kind of attention.

Unless you want to eventually end up like Australia, I would not recommend that. Let the consumer decide, I think we saw what the consumer base can do with this game.

Would you mind elaborating on the fate of Australia and its citizens regarding loot crates? Is it because the probability has to be disclosed for each category of roll? Also, my concern is how easily minors can be exploited by them. It’s shameful enough how adults can be, but anyone under 18…that’s just plain wrong.

Well more of a snowball effect tinfoil hattery on my thoughts (though I still don’t think its out of the question) about gov’t issuing game censorship and the likes.

I perhaps see this from a different perspective, I would be against loot boxes giving you the possibility of having an advantage over another player.

Who’s giving a kid a credit card to buy these? This is a parents job, not the governments, sorry. Yes companies can be disgusting about this, but in the end they bow down to dollar, and the consumer dictates what they want or don’t want.

OK, so you feigned knowledge of the political and social effects of regulating loot crates in Australia in an attempt to scare me and anyone that reads this thread to fear “winding up like them.” That’s some slippery slope there. Usually slippery slope is used with some known quantity to the party you’re arguing against. The only thing I can think of is you’re using Australia to represent some ideal that you think will strike fear in your potential opponents or anyone that is unaware of the nature of the problem of loot crates. My research so far has turned up nothing on Australia regulating loot crates, but measures have been taken to regulate or attempt to regulate them in East Asia and Singapore. I’m not going to spend anymore time on this.

Where did I say anything about minors borrowing their parents’ credit cards? They could be wasting their own money they earned from a part-time job. Yeah, I wasn’t specific about that, but I do agree, when it comes to parents’ money, it’s on the parents. This is assuming the kids aren’t using their parents’ credit cards without their knowledge. However, Are you going to hold minors responsible for wasting their own money on loot crates when they most likely don’t know any better?

I’m not continuing any further with this discussion, as it’s deviating from the topic, and someone is sure to flag it for its political nature, because no one can have a civil political argument.