I bought Battlefront 2....ugh

Well, Christmas is coming up as you all know. I got three of my nephews the new Star Wars game. I bought the Elite Super Duper version. This thing cost nearly ninety dollars after sales tax. I felt like I took a shot to the gut.

It sure is copping a flogging that game. This stuff has been going on for a while, the inevitable evolution of games based around a lucrative funding model. Some games continually rake in massive amounts of money, plenty of publishers trying to get in on it.

Other than the pay to win aspect, how is the game?

Luckily my nephews wanted just cause for xmas! They didn’t specify which one either.

My nephews have just cause 3. They play that thing all the time.

I have no idea how this game is going to be. I’m not going to open it up and I don’t have an xbox to play it on if I did. I am downloading it on my origin account for the ten hour trial. I’ll know in a few minutes whether they’ll like it.

This was an impulse buy. I had the 2015 version for them on my PC and they loved it. I was a little underwhelmed. As long as they can mow down bots as a hero, they’ll be happy.

I have looked at the difference between this and the standard version. I will say that the twenty bucks extra was not worth it. They’ll probably like the extra skins more than I would.

I’m glad I got the console. It does appear to be better on the offline mode. They can do co-op and versus on a split screen, That isn’t available on PC. It also looks like they restored the instant action from the original Battlefront. That’s all they do on that game.

I think it’ll be alright for them. I’m just dealing with the sticker shock.

The Beta looked so very nice on PC. It ran smoothly and looked and sounded amazing. I have no interesting in playing the MP game just like the last one and made the decision long before the current loot box issue grabbed everyone’s attention. I have a thing about playing the third person in MP and although you can switch to first other you are playing against will not be and have an advantage. I am however very interested in the single-player story. It is canon to larger Star Wars story and takes an interesting point of view as it is told from the imperial side.

Fingers crossed EA will sell it very cheaply in around a year so I can buy the game and only play the single player.

1 Like

I had fun playing the open beta but they still didnt nail it like the OG Battlefront II. Besides, there are several publishers that are on my “NOPE!” list:

-EA
-Activision Blizzard
-Ubisoft
-Konami
-Codemasters

These asshats will not see another penny from me.

2 Likes

Can I get some context for this one?

1 Like

Mostly just me being salty about promised VR support that never happened (and never will). They lied about the Oculus exclusivity deal in Dirt Rally and said Vive/OpenVR would be supported down the road, 2 years later (3 if you count early access) its still not. Dirt 4 is a total down-grade in almost every aspect, graphics, physics, handling, wheel FFB, and no VR support whatsoever.

Still trying to get over buying Battlefront 1

1 Like

Yeeaaaahhh…

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2017/11/it-will-take-4528-hours-of-gameplay-or-2100-to-unlock-all-base-game-content.html

Anakin has over 40 hours of playtime.
Sense of pride and accomplisment

6 Likes

Sorry but that’s just the entry ticket! Spend another $100 on loot boxes to compete online :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Context for Blizzard being on your shitlist?

So bit of a U-Turn for now.

2 Likes

I dont know about him but Diablo 3 makes a good case for me

Notice it says they’ll just be reenabling the crystals system at a later date. Shady AF.

2 Likes

yep, they’ll probably wait until people play enough where its against their policy to refund people and then they’ll enable microtransactions very slightly modified in order to save face and be like, oh we listened to feedback.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, that or just until enough people buy it and are outside the return window (30 days?). Probably sometime near the end of January I’d guess.

they will prob re-enable them when its sold enough to go positive with how much it cost to make the game

untitled-1

itsatrap

3 Likes

Dude return it while you can that game is trash.2