Huge audio improvement for free?

Only use one particular Musical program, with tons of modifications and setting changes, while downloading tons of programs.

Or I could download the FLAC version.

I can agree with that. It sounded like a general statement before, sorry.

Nope it doesn't.

Look through the forum, the differences between distros are explained.

You can run any "GUI" (meaning desktop environment or DE, or window manager or WM, a "GUI" is something that every application has when it's not a "CLI" application) on any distro, you can run any application on any distro. The differences are in the evolution only, in the way the software progresses and is developed, and in the community that does the development, not in the compatibility as such. Linux knows no drivers, all the hardware control code for every piece of hardware on the planet, is submitted by hardware manufacturers to the linux foundation, and merged with the linux kernel. Most relevant factor in choosing a distro: do you like bleeding edge, leading edge, mainstream, or very mature.

well bleeding edge sounds interesting what distros would you consider that to be? also what do you mean by leading edge? as the term seems synonymous with bleeding edge in my eyes.

Exactly, I've been storing my music in FLAC for a couple of years now. Every great once in a while I will come across a song that doesn't like to be converted. At the end of the day your source no matter how good will only sound as good as the weakest link. Normally I see this in the horrible speakers sold by department stores. But that's another topic all together.

well i'm no wizard but converting already ripped music at lower bitrates in other fromats to a lossless format like flac is pointless you have already lost the quality in the initial compression. you to rip it from the original source like vinyl or disc to preserve the audio quality.

Arch is bleeding edge.

I rip from my audio cd to FLAC. That's why I said I store my music in FLAC. Lugging around a couple hundred discs is absurd.

Now you may continue trolling this thread to your hearts content.

I agree about Logic. Ableton Live is my go to. Though right now I'm using Zynewave podium free on an  old xp laptop. Its small (6.4mb) and  somewhat similar to live.

You can do this in windows with foobar2000, just google for the proper plugins. 

lol there's no trolling going on here you specifically said you converted your music which implies you just changed the format. only now have you clarified that you actually rip your music there is a key difference between these two terms where ripping means you have transferred your music from one median to another AKA CD to hard disc. so how about in future you communicate clearly the first time round so you don't waste people's time by needlessly correcting you all because you cant English.

yeah i like Ableton it's really intuitive to use and there are some good plug-ins for it too a buddy of mine use's it for making DnB sometimes il be giving him a hand for funs of it. personally i like to use pro tools it's where my preference sits. hadn't heard of Zynewave before may have to give it a whirl and see what it's about.

I followed that "recipe" and I have to say i like the sound better that way.

i wonder if all the people arguing, actually tried it out, to hear for them selfs.

Compact disc stores audio with 16-bit Linear PCM sampled at 44,100 Hz

So yes, by ripping my disc to FLAC I am converting them. If you want to be asinine about specifics.

You get distortion/clipping because of dynamic range compression... or shitty Amps. You can always compress dynamic range on the client end, but you can't regain the lost detail.