Return to Level1Techs.com

HP ZBook 15u G6 Mobile Workstation (review from day 1, time permitting)

(Specs at bottom if interested)

Thought I’d write this following my initial posts, thanks again to all that helped me make the decision :+1:

I’m going to try and review it, but it really depends on time - I’m self-employed, so no workie, no money :unamused:

First process of buying it went OK, did it on a Sunday (11th Aug 2019) and today (Monday 12th) I got an email to saying it’ll be with me today. That’s impressive - what wasn’t impressive was that I got an email confirming my delivery/payment address, which was correct. I then received an email following it that had the details wrong…strange.

Anyway, that’s it for now. I’ve prepared / imaged my 4 year old Dell M2800, so I just need to format and install Win10 on it and it’ll be ready for my G/F. Shame the graphics won’t work, but that’s the way it’s gone, AMD nor Dell are supporting it with a Driver that actually works.

SPECIFICATION:

CPU: i7-8565U 4 core (base 1.8, turbo 4.6)
RAM: 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SDRAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Storage: 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD
Display: 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit, 400 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
Connectivity: 1 network, smart card reader, 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB Type-C, 1 HDMI 1.4b.

(If I’ve put this in the wrong place again, do move it Admins!)

2 Likes

It arrived!

I accidentally had the audio disabled on the camera :frowning: …mind you, I didn’t say anything of interest! It’s an unlisted video with no monetary settings (I’m not a youtuber):

Very initial thoughts:

It is incredibly thin!
The thin up/down arrow keys are a bit naff
The power adaptor pulls out very easily when plugged in.

1 Like

The Quick start manual

1 Like