Hows this Build?

I've already asked the community to help me build a cheap Gaming/Video Editing PC, and i got alot of good ideas. But, most of the build included a Quad-core Processor. I used some of the things they gave me in the forum and added a few of my own... So, Please tell me what you think, and Ideas would REALLY help.

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qXXh23

If you can bring it down, please go ahead without to much munilpulation. If you have an idea for a better build under $1200, Please, knock yourself out.

PS: I will be adding some fans to it.

i don't remember your other thread you posted, but i assume they were suggesting i5's and the 760k. the number of cores does not mean more power, especially in gaming. games use fewer cores, so more powerful quad cores will beat more less powerful cores. That is why i5's (quad core) beats the 8350 (8-core) in most games.

but, all that nonsense out of the way, 8350 is a solid choice. especially with its price. 

build looks solid, but you do NOT need 2400Mhz RAM, nor do you need 16GB. you can get a solid 8GB 1600Mhz kit for around $70. i would also go with the samsung 840 EVO SSD. and you do not need a WD black drive as a storage drive. WD blue will be just as good. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R3trpg

Lel @ "cheap" 

I would go with what he said above , more RAM is not a must , especially since you can mix and match RAM , so if a friend sells some / you find some cheap , you can toss it in .

Actually, those were mostly Xeons. Nice build there though, especially for under $1k.

Are Xeons more powerful than the FX-8350 for video rendering?

Intel's i3, i7 and almost all xeons (except a couple of models) have hyperthreading so don't stop at just reading "quad core".  In the actual rendering process, the E3 Xeons will be faster, but not by much. Rendering is multi threaded and both the xeon and fx chips have 8 threads (logical processors). When you are actually working on your project, some effects still are single threaded, and intel chips perform better in these cases. 

In the end the budget is the deciding factor.

Thank You

That really makes sense

here is a xeon editor with all the perfs included for $1250

• PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/myDQwP
  • CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($248.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
  • Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Mwave) 
  • Memory: A-Data XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($66.62 @ NCIX US) 
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC) 
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC) 
  • Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280 3GB TurboDuo Video Card ($181.10 @ Newegg) 
  • Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ NCIX US) 
  • Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC) 
  • Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Best Buy) 
  • Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($129.99 @ Best Buy) 
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.34 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $1251.20

Keep in mind that you can't directly compare core count, especially across different companies(e.g. AMD vs Intel).

Intel's i5-4690k can often match an FX-8350, as Intel has much stronger single cores, while AMD has multiple, weaker cores.

I looked your build quickly and got few concerns with it first the PSU is on the low side cause the new AMD CPU eats lot of power 125W and GPU up to 305W when we calculate you PSU efficiency 600W * 80% = 480W. The GPU + CPU alone and gonna take 430W to run and when you add fans plus drives to load the PSU is going to be at its limits so consider a bigger PSU. Second big concern is about your thermals I don't have facts to back this is but I am pretty sure that coolermaster hyper evo 212 isn't enough for AMD's new 8 core CPU's I would recommend getting premade watercooling kit you should be fine with 120x120 something like corsair H40. Other than that I don't see any problems with the build it's gonna make hell of a gaming pc and a decent editing rig.

Woah there, buddy.  You've fallen into the PSU efficiency trap!

Power supply units are rated to supply the wattage that they're rated at.  The EVGA 600B will supply 600 watts of power to the computer, but draw more power from the wall.  So, for example, if you had a 600w power supply that was 80% efficient(and was always 80% efficient-power supply efficiency will change based on load) you'd pull this many watts from the wall:

600w = watts_from_wall * 0.8

watts_from_wall = 600w/0.8

watts_from_wall = 750w.

Hyper 212 is plenty for AMD's 8 cores.  Heck, he'll be able to overclock them a little bit as well.  Also, 120MM all-in-one coolers don't perform great for the money.  They usually all perform around the same as a Hyper 212.  The surface area just isn't big enough.  240mm radiators and larger begin to make a difference, although there are still some air coolers like the Noctua NH-D14/D15 that will perform almost as well as some 240mm liquid coolers.