How to Set Up Arch Linux

Hi folks. Right Now I'm downloading Arch and am going to set it up on VMware. I wanted to know if any of you had any tutorials I could follow. Or anything.

try searching before making post

That article is old as fudge tho. It does not talk about uefi either. ( do vm's use uefi? )

Edit: found you a proper install guide fam.

This guy is Swedish, so he talks about including Swedish stuff, replace the Swedish stuff with stuff from where you are from.

Edit 2: there is this German guy that did an arch install inside a vm. The commands are in English.

If you have to ask how to setup Arch...
You shouldn't use Arch.

3 Likes

well probably xD

@NetBandit I know how to setup distros from a terminal I just don't want to mess stuff up

@Goalkeeper Thanks I speak both English and German so this is really useful to me.

@sinisa94 I did check but wanted something newer

Thanks everybody for the quick replies.

Why? Everybody has to start somewhere.

When I set up Arch I just followed the official guide:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide

2 Likes

@Azulath @NetBandit is just like that an Old sysadmin that likes to be cantankerous.

And thanks for the official guide.

Arch wiki should get you there pretty much.

Oh so you followed online directions and didn't ask how in a forum?

I assumed he already knows of this wki, but just asked in order to know if there's something else to consider.

No, that's not it at all.
Just pointing out that if you are asking how, when an install guide exists, that maybe Arch isn't what they should be running.

1 Like

Hi thegai02:
Arch is one of the more advanced Linux distros. As such, it might be more dificult to install than other Linux distros, such as Ubuntu. If you've never tried any flavor of Linux, you might want to start with one of the easier to install distros first.

If you've already installed other Linux distros, and still want to install Arch, you should follow the official Arch install guide, located here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide

1 Like

one step guide:

Install Antergos or Apricity

if you want something more stable, get Backbox instead. From the people who brought you backtrack.

Hi thegai02,
Archlinux wiki is definitely the GO-TO place for most of thing.
However, gloriouseggroll.tv provides the best step by step Archlinux installation guide in my opinion. I followed his instruction setting up my two machines running Archlinux.

Watch Wendell install Linux

1 Like