How to see what a chip is based on?

So I am working towards better tooling, right. But one of the issues is I need to know how to best build shit for the CPU’s that I have. The only problem is the laptop I am working with is an Atom based Netbook.

Specifically this is an Acer Kav10 D150 with an Atom N270. This chip has sse3 and half a meg of cache at 1.6ghz. So I can get some boof out of it, with some work. What would be easiest for me though is to know what the core is based on though.

My immediate thought is Core Solo but IDK. Where would I look? Is there an app that shows litho info? TY

2 Likes

Products formerly Diamondville

On Intel Ark ofcourse :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ark is where you start, but doesn’t answer the question all the way. Diamondville/Silverthorne are both based on the Bonnel microarchecture.
https://infogalactic.com/info/Bonnell_(microarchitecture)#cite_note-anandtech.com-3

The ISA is close to prescott, but the microarchecture is a dog. Performance wise you looking at it being closer to the P3/or pentium M. In-order dual issue, and hyperthreaded at that.

But for gcc march=prescott looks to be correct here. march=bonnel assumes 64-bit is present, which the N270 definitely does not have (like WTF the N230 and N330 have it? - very weird market segmentation here )

3 Likes

What the fuck is a bonnell

What the fuck its risc? No wonder this thing is a turd LOL

1 Like

So if this chip is just ARM but “isn’t arm” but has i386/586 capabilities… Why aren’t atom’s cool again?

All modern chips crunch 01 in RISC.

Intel/AMD all use translation layers to interpret instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.