How to oc? I need help

Hey my system is a phenom iix4 965 be 7850 500w bronze psu 8gb 1600mhz ram.  What im asking is how to overclock my cpu with this mobo http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemNumber=N82E16813130679 I have the stock cooler and have no experience at all plz help!

Okay, first of all, OCing is overclocking, which is raising the frequency of the CPU for better performance. Inherently, you have to raise the voltage, and depending on your chip, might require really high voltages that could possibly damage your CPU. However, anything within a 4 to 4.6gHz range is usually going to be pretty safe/standard.

You have the stock cooler. They are always terrible. I woulnd't recommend OCing your CPU with a crappy cooler; when you overclock, the CPU generates more heat. With the already under-performing stock cooler, you could cook your chip, and possibly ruin your motherboard. I would look into a cheap cooler, like a Hyper 212 Evo, a medium-end cooler, like a Xigmatech Dark Knight II, or a high-end air cooler, like a Phanteks PH-TC14PE before overclocking. A 212 Evo will handle 4.2gHz easily, but anything more is pushing it. You could easily hit 5.0gHz on a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, but the voltages might be rediculous. I wouldn't overclock past 4.6gHz for any reasonable gains, but when you get a better cooler, come back, and we will help you with the specifics.