How to Delete an Old Windows Install?

So here is my scenario:

Purchased a new 2TB NVMe, Gen4 SSD and installed a new Windows 10 Pro onto it.

Windows now gives me a choice of the OLD or the NEW install, defaults to the NEW install.

So I want to run this way for a little while longer to make sure nothing else is amiss with the new install, which seems to be running a bit faster without any hiccups, pretty sure my old install got partially corrupted and now repairs fixed it.

Do I have to Take Ownership of the OLD OS folders and such to do this ?

I have a Steam Library on the drive, which I could move before reformatting the OLD OS drive but was hoping for another option, maybe more for my own education etc…

Any thoughts on this one ?

I do have the Take Ownership reg hack installed on the NEW OS already so I can right mouse click to do this procedure.

run msconfig.exe elevated. Go to the boot tab, find the entry that doesnt have (Current) on it, and remove it.

Next time just do a reset. Its functionally the same as a reinstall but without needing to migrate data.

If you installed over the existing install then you will have a windows.old in the root of C which you will have to take ownership of to remove completely.

nevermind I cant read. msconfig is the way to go to remove the bootloader entry.

Aha, and then I can manually delete the old files/folders once I’m satisfied that the NEW install is good to move forward on, which I’m pretty confident in right now.

I will be testing the NEW install for the next few days and then see about getting rid of the boot entry and then manually deleting the files and folders.

I will try to post once I have completed this task if I run into any issues.