How to Bypass Windows 10 Password on a PC

Either you didnt apply the change (follow the prompts exactly) or this account is tied to a microsoft account and you can use that to reset the password.

Hirens boot USB has pretty easy tool for it:
https://www.hirensbootcd.org/

1 Like

Maybe Ophcrack is difficult to help you because Ophcrack involves a lot of text operations, which will be a test for some non-professional users. Personally, it’s not a wise option. Anyway, do you know how to make a password reset disk for your Windows 10 PC? Once you get a password reset disk, you can reset your password at any time to bypass Windows 10 password.

And link on how to create a reset disk, especially if one can’t unlock the PC?

Google iSeePassword please. Just like what I did, iSeePassword can provide a tutorial on Windows 10 password recovery, and it can also help you create a password reset disk.
And you can go to Microsoft for downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool, but its steps are not as simple as iSeePassword.

IDK if the sethc.exe trick still works or Hirens BootCD works on Win10

1 Like

Apparently, I’ve lost access to my account is usually the most common tech support issue.

Also, there’s a relatively high number of first time posters, coming to the forum across months. (onto this thread)

@ryan Wouldn’t it be a good idea for a video to demo how to reset a windows 10 local account password using e.g. a live Ubuntu USB with chntpw or Hiren’s Boot CD thingie?

1 Like