How to best transcode an entire library of music?

Bash is more commonly widespread but some systems use old bash in the enterprise realm.

But LISP is good. If you want to get into something that is also good for scripting, look into LUA. It just makes sense (to me at least). But I had been getting back into bash because, not all sites support perl and perl gets just as bad of a rap as ruby. I am versed in all of the old tools that still make the world go round. As a result, by bash-fu has a lot of perl for ease us string manipulation. If you are using bash from the last 2 years, there have been some really good improvements to help with stuff like that so you don’t need to invoke sed or awk, but the syntax is a little head scratchy at times.

And if you don’t like lua try python. I’d probably commit some atrocity in Java for this problem because I’m a Java dev.

I have messed around with lua because of Imapfilter. Is there an IDE or a debugger for lua?

1 Like

I too code in java (occasionally now) but I use netbeans with some custom highlighting for LUA.

My problem was existing Lua code that I did not write. The only thing I needed was to just do a visual inspection of the table / array a function returned.

To return to topic:
If you need FLAC there is a CUDA/OpenCL implementation of a FLAC encoder. I tried it but decided that HDDs are cheap enough to just store music in .wav like the madman I am.

1 Like