How should I upgrade?

Hello,

I've had my current computer for a couple years now, although I didn't build it -- a friend did. I plan to upgrade to play upcoming games such as Far Cry 4 and GTA 5, but I don't think my computer can handle them at a decent framerate with medium-to-high settings. My build is as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 570 @ 900MHz core clock

Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws X @ 1866MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

I was thinking of putting in an FX-8350 and a GTX 770, but I wanted to see what you guys think. My budget for upgrading is 400-500 USD. Thanks.

Well, why not wait until GTA V and Farcry 4 to drop, then judge the performance if you want to decide.  Also, there's a lot in the works right now from AMD and Nvidia close to dropping so just wait for those.  IMHO, I don't see why you need to upgrade.  Maybe get rid of that Cooler Master Haf 912.  (I have one too, and if I could, I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat)

Okay, thanks.

You will need to upgrade yeah. And seeing as nothing else is coming out this year graphics cards wise then you may as well get one of those too. A 8350 and 770 would be great tbh! Don't buy them until just before GTA comes out though coz they would've likely dropped in price by then :)

That motherboard only supports until 8300 but i would keep the cpu and go full on the graphic card a EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit for about  500$ on newegg or a R9 290 GAMING 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 for 430$ if you are not a nvidia fanboy and you can still buy a new cooler for the cpu(overclock if the cooler is good and you have a common sense) and i almost guarantee you going to play the game very good , other way you are going to have to buy another motherboard or buy used cpu what i don't recommend even if is a good deal .