How much am I looking at?

Trying to figure out how much this is going to cost.

I currently have a 21:9 and 16:9 monitor. My ultra wide is only 24", I find it kinda small. Im pretty sure my desk (Ikea Freddie) can support up to a 34" Ultra wide or a 49" 32:9. Seeing how the 32:9 are really expensive and have QC issues I was looking at a 21:9 screen. My plan was to use my current ultra wide in portrait mode, For that I will need a VESA stand (Free standing).

My hope is to upgrade to 1440p, preferable IPS because I find using TN panels make me want to gouge out my eyes and Ive never looked at a VA panel in person. I need 2 HDMI and a display port. This will be used on 3 separate machines. My main (MacBook Pro 13" 2020, my Gaming machine (has RX5700), and my Plex server) My current ultra wide will be used as a secondary screen for the MacBook and gaming machine.

How much do you think it will costs for both the monitor and the VESA stand for my current monitor? I was between this and a new TV to replace my 720P TV, but I think the monitor would provide me more enjoyment. Im not looking to buy immediately, as prices and shipping are a concern at the moment. Was gong to wait till maybe 1st or 2nd quarter of 2021, to let things settle down a bit. Plus I actually have 2 16:9 monitors, which Im going to see if my niece and nephew can use them with their Chrome books for school, that wont happen till they move in to their new house some time at the end of January early February.

Have you considered a 4k tv as an all in one? (converting the dp to an hdmi connection) I picked up an lg 55" 4k 60h ips tv from target for less than $400.00 model # UN7000PUB.

My $0.02 for what it’s worth.

The desk won’t support that I’m afraid. Also my current tv is at the foot of my bed. So it wouldn’t work in that aspect either. I like my TV being where it’s at. Also makes it convenient if I have to use my wired earbuds when I decide to use my switch. Also I want an ultra wide. Also I have a fire stick and Switch. So if I used a TV I would need 5 inputs.

Ive decided to wait till next year. Talks about Stimulus money and such, I might have a bit more to spend. Also, Im still trying to narrow down specs.

I know I’m going to use this with my MacBook Pro, and my gaming pc. Gaming wise I do Factorio to Killing floor, but primarily Ill be using my MacBook Pro. Then Ill be using it with my Plex server when I need to configure something. What specs should I really be paying attention to?

I was considering doing 1440p and IPS. Outside of that, I’m just not sure.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.