How many watts

I was wondering how many watts i will need for my build i think about 600W should be ok but different websites seem to say different things. Also i would like soemroom for upgrades.

Heres my build.

CPU: Intel 3rd gen i5

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene

GPU: Radeon HD 7850 2 fan

RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A2400C10 8GB (2x 4GB) Vengeance DDR3 Memory Module Kit - Black

Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-600GUK Gaming Series GS600 High Performance 600W Power Supply

HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB Internal Hard Drive

SSD: kingston V300 120GB

Thanks.

400w psu will do, I think, but there won't be too much headroom

550W at the most; look into a Seasonic G 550W PSU.

I'd put at least 500W in there, so 600W is fine

thanks just wanted to make sure :)

600w low-end PSU, 500w mid-end PSU, 450w high-end PSU.

Check user reviews as well as enthusiast reviews for ANY power supply you intend on buying, always.

I just have a couple questions, though. Why are you going for an i3 with a maximus V? It just seems like an odd move. You could build something much nicer for the price of that setup.

Why are you blowing the money on a Maximus V gene? Get a decent Z77 mobo and a better GPU or CPU.

That's what I'm saying. But chances are he may be going for a smaller build..

Even so, I don't think this build is getting the best you can get for your money.

Im not getting an i3 im getting an i5? and the reason im spending alot on the mother board is for future proofing so i have the option to upgrade in the future which i will definatley do.

if you're future proofing. Your upgrades will probably take more power.

So i'd say 550W for now. but if you're looking at high end hardware to upgrade a 650/700W for now.

yeah thats what i was thinking thanks :)

upgrading in the future on an allready dead  intel 1155 socket?

i would say chance the mobo to a Msi Z77 mpower cheaper, and just quality ☺and put that extra money you safe into a 7870XT or maybe a 7950.. if you can afford it ☺

grtz Angel

use pcpartpicker it'll tell you and check compat.