How Long Until Video Games Graphics Fool Us it's Real?

About the animation, I'm either going crazy or I'm pretty sure I've seen before that in some games some of the animation of characters has been done with body tracking an actual person (running, walking, jumping etc.).
Similar things have obviously definitely already been done in movies.

One of the problems with certain games is stylized movement and over-gesturing. That's the problem with using dancers to act maybe? Or they just feel they have to move a certain way since it's their only input? Whatever it is they need to stop doing it.

Chop looks very natural in GTAV

Yeah, but even when they do (they did with AC2) it still looks far from realistic. The tech needs to improve on more than just teh gpu side of things.

While were on the topic this just appeared.

UE4 is love. UE4 is life.

Ya but didn't they pretty much nail it in half life 2 ?

I mean I loved the animation so much in that game I don't understand why it's taking everyone else so long to get to the same level.

I mean hell, I would love it if they toned down the graphics and just improved the facial animations.

But aren't there limitations to actually getting those kind of graphics. I mean with moore's law, and also the ludicrous budget that something like that would require to make.

I mean you might think the vanishing of ethan carter looks amazing, and some parts of it (especially the rocks and the beach) do look nearly photorealistic. But we still have a ways to go imo, a ways to go before your actually looking at a lifelike game. And not only that, but it might take awhile before we have that in something like an FPS for instance.

I'd say we're a ways out yet. Ray tracing and extreme resolutions/textures need to get really efficent really soon. which isn't really going to happen

Those demos are cool but you're not going to see that tech in large games for many many years.

I also feel like this question will always be asked, I remember the days when we'd marvel at crysis 1's graphics and proclaim them as real

Mind = blown.