How is this mid-ranged build?

So, this PC I'm building, the GPU and PSU are from my last PC because I can't afford a better GPU at the moment. My old rig (Athlon II x4 650 3.2GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6770 1GB DDR5) was able to play a lot of games at high settings but for some reason DayZ and PlanetSide 2 could barley run at low settings, I think because of the CPU. I just want to know if the new PC I'm putting together will do better? I know you can't tell for sure until you test it but I just want to know what you think. New specs:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz (Might to some slight OC'ing)
  • GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6770 1GB DDR5 128-bit (OC: 930/1300MHz)
  • RAM: G.SkILL Sniper Series 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
  • PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
  • MOBO: ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ 6Gb/s ATX

Thanks for the help! Normally I would appreciate ideas for different components, but I can't this time.

if you can, you should go for an FX6200 or 6300 CPU

but most of the time its the GPU cousing the low FPS, most games need more grapcics performance..

If you're going to go for a Radeon 6000 you might want to try getting a cheap used radeon 6870!  Should be under $100

I would dedicate a bit more money into buying a better GPU. Maybe a 7850 if you can afford it.

I will eventually be getting a new GPU, but as stated, the GPU I'm using is from my old build.

Those games are both very CPU intensive, so you should see some improvement with the new CPU. I would make sure that motherboard is compatible with the AM3+ CPUs as well so you can upgrade in the future. Also like they said above, you should be able to scrape up enough cash to maybe grab a used 6870. Maybe a 6950.