How hot is too hot for a Ryzen 2600x?[Solved]

You can keep a case and even PSU 10 years.

Id give a AIO like 2 years.

Depends a little bit on what the future will,
bring us in regards to powersupply standards.

But in general, a good psu can be transfered to several builds indeed.
There are plenty of decent brands to choose from.

Because AS I STATED, I can’t find a new PSU. They are either $300 or out of stock everywhere. Im refuse the buy a second rate PSU. Because I was going to buy a 3200G to use in this system for Plex, and build a new Micro ATX system with the 2600x.

I don’t think you under stand what Im saying. Micro ATX cases need a full ATX power supply, the APOCALYPSE is currently going on add the civil unrest in, there are no PSU’s to be found. The only other PSU I have is in use in my Plex server, and that PSU the fan is slowly going so I don’t trust it, but Im running like 7 year old hardware in it and don’t care if that hardware dies.

You guys are making me face palm extra hard right now.

Clearly you doint need my help
Have at it my friend.

Sorry but I keep telling you its not possible to find a PSU. I guess Ill just sell this system and use my MAC instead and scrap the whole gaming Idea.

I find it very hard to believe that there is no where,
in your area a proper psu to be found.
$300,- psu’s? not sure what kind of wattage units you think you need.
But a good 650 / 750W unit is way more then enough.
And usally cost around the $100,- US from a proper brand.

All the Seasonic ones are $300 OR they don’t have them. Amazon is sold out, Best Buy has them for $300. Keep in mind that Michigan has just started opening up again, you can’t even walk in to a Best Buy to buy stuff yet.

from a rep brand. Like the Corsair unit I have in my Plex server, they used the wrong bearing in the fan and the fans were known to fail, currently my fan is in the failing stage. Id prefer Seasonic as they are known to be good.

• Seasonic.
  • Riotoro Enigma G2. ( = Seasonic Focus Gold) inside, but cheaper.
  • EVGA.
  • XFX.
  • Enermax.

Just to name a couple of decent brands.

Cheapest option. As you see Im not lying about prices. They have sky rocketed. Prices only go up from here, though is this a solid option?

Then I gotta add the cost of a new case, and maybe a new cooler in to that. Unless I do what I said above then it could cost a bit more.

Also you don’t really need a gold or platinum rated psu either.
Unless the psu’s efficiency is trully important to you,
in terms of your power bill.

But of course when prices are normal,
most people generally pick a gold unit.
Because gold sounds better then silver or bronze haha. :laughing:

Gold is more efficient. I don’t pay the power bill my folks do, So I try to get more efficient items. Now now Im looking at CPU coolers and this is going to be a pain. I want RGB memory as it will add lighting to my case, so I have to find a cooler with clearance when it comes to Ram.

I believe the Kraken ones were good. The x62. I need to check benchmarks t I confirm but I’ve never heard bad things and they were usually in the top end of the charts. I’ll get back to you by kinda drunk right now

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory ($104.83 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($151.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $501.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-30 22:42 EDT-0400

The air cooler, is that good enough? Need the Ram Clearance other wise Id probably go with the D15.

at a certain power load yes…
Those 80+ efficiency categories are just catagorized numbers,
that state how efficient a psu is at a certain power load.
It generally does not really mean that much to me.
I’m looking more at the internals of a psu being decent or not.
And yes in that regards there are dodgy brands,
with crappy chinese capacitors inside and dodgy solder jobs etc.

Cheap psu´s with high wattage are generally cheap for a reason.
Al though there are actually B brands with A grade internals.
Like Rotorio Enigma G2 for example.
Which is just a rebadged Seasonic Focus Gold series.
It has great internals.

Also even A brands like Corsair, ( although i dont really qualify them as such) also have crap units.
Like the CX series and a certain badge of RM series.

You could also go with the Noctua NH U14S i believe its called…?
Single tower one.

I know, I have one of them. Though the fan has been on the fritz for months. Which is why Im trying to build out two systems here. It would be a crying shame if the Plex server went down. Id have to hear the folks crying about not being able to watch TV.

Well the thing is with brands like Corsair, NZXT, Be-quiet etc.
They don’t make their own psu’s.

Seasonic is a true A brand in that regards. :slight_smile:
But those are generally also a little bit on the pricy side.

But allot of the other brands use internal boards from,
like Seasonic, Flextronic, CWT, Sirtec etc.

But yeah seems like psu prices being a bit crazy atm,
on the other side of the ocean lol.
Up here it ain that bad yet.

But you already have your base parts right?
You just having an issue with airflow restricitve case i guess?
So idk if it trully has to be a m-atx case.
Because ATX cases are generally cheaper, easier to build in.
And have more options for case fans and or radiators.

Anyways did you already try to benchmark the system,
with the side panel off?
Just to see if that makes a significant difference in temps?

The SFX 650 watt gold Seasonic PSU I bought last year was only $129, and If I remember correctly SFX ones were some of the most expensive, now they want $300 ish for an ATX model.

I frankly don’t have the room, Im looking to down size. I have two systems at my desk. The Mid tower Fractal Design R4 case (Plex)I have now is too big. I have a hard time moving it from the shelf under my desk, which is why the system is dirty as hell because I frankly have too hard of time moving it to clean it. Plus the case is getting long in the tooth as its 7 years old and there were some design issues in terms of SSD mounting and no PSU shroud. As far as radiators, everything is telling me AIO’s suck ass, sooo that’s no longer a concern. Full custom water cooling is also out, as Im not in to maintenance like that. To be honest if there were a way I could build 1 system to do gaming and Plex I would, but I was told that was not a good idea. Everyone on the Plex forum pretty much stated Plex should be ran stand alone.

I have not, Im sure it will make a slight difference but Im not willing to do that long term. Also as someone pointed out in this thread, it seems this CPU is on the upper limits of this cooler, so either way I need a replacement cooler or a replacement case/cooler.

Pretty informative.