How exactly does one change email address here?

I think it’d be a Wendell thing to investigate. I’m not sure that there’s anything I can do.

I would guess there’s a bug for those of you with non SSO that still can’t change emails. And as to @omnicreed’s guess as to whether it is due to account being from the TS era, I don’t think that’s it.

I’ve been around since the TS days, not using SSO, and I was able to update my email sometime around March of this year. I switched from Gmail to a Protonmail account using my own domain.

I was gonna say maybe it’s a bug for Gmail or ex-Gmail accounts because Google has all their Sign In With Google stuff tied into almost everything. But never mind.

Use a sed command on the database file…

I don’t have access to the database.

1 Like

so you’re more like a PvtOkaysauce…

3 Likes

basically, yah.

You’re still awesomesauce in my book

winkpup

3 Likes

I’m subscribing to see where this goes. Long time lurker but saw this and decided to check…I’ve got the cov…I mean SSO issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

To remain somewhat on topic: I used a gmail account and also signed up when the L1 forums were first announced in the news.

L1 doesn’t use Wordpress, it uses Discourse.

Anyluck on this? I was trying to figure out how to change my email as well. Say SSO on mine.

Came back just a while ago to change the email and I guess I am out of luck?

Interestingly, I was able to change my email last year (hadn’t used SSO here), but now that option for me is gone and just says it can be changed in the SSO provider even though I didn’t use SSO.

I’m not looking to change mine, just saw this thread pop up again, and went to look at what I saw in my profile now.

I think several things broke when they did some updates to the forum not that long ago. Animated profile pictures and the discourse black theme are others that I have noticed.

Will likely need to message or @ the mods to manually change your e-mail until they fix it.

try now? I just checked your profile and it seemed like it would let me

4 Likes

Thank you. Worked like a charm :3

Works for me now too :slightly_smiling_face:

Works for me too