How does my AMD 8 core Build look?

Processor - AMD FX-8320

Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

RAM - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Cooler - NZXT Kraken X40

Graphics card - ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition

Boot drive - SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive

Main hard drive - Seagate SV35 Series ST1000VX000 1TB 7200 RPM

Optical drive - LG Electronics GH24NS95R 24x dvd-rw 

Power Supply - CORSAIR CX750M 750W ATX12V

Case - NZXT Phantom 630 

I will be using this for gaming and general purposes. This is also my first PC build.

Looks just fine. Hope your first build goes smoothly good sir.

Looks fine, the only thing i could recommend, is to pick a Sapphire 7870XT or a powercolor 7870XT instead of the asus normal 7870. reason forthat is that the 7870XT is based on a tahiti LE chip and has 1536 stream processors, instead of 1280 stream processors on a normal 7870.

That would make a 7870XT perform better.

Grtz Angel ☺

Pretty good, but there are some problems.

First of all, Corsair Dominator and especially Dominator Platinum memory is crazy overpriced. Switch it out for G.SKILL Trident X, G.SKILL Sniper, or Crucial Ballistix Sport Low Voltage memory; I have 16GB of Trident X 2400mHz CL10 running in my system, and it is great! The M5A99X only supports up to 1866mHz memory, though, so I'd look into the G.SKILL Sniper series.

The PSU is oversized and low-quality. Don't ever skimp on the PSU. I'd look into a Seasonic G 550 for this rig. You don't need more than 550W for it, and the 80+ Gold efficiency will be nice. Otherwise, you could check out the Rosewill Capstone 550 M - both are relatively cheap and much nicer than the Corsair CX PSUs.

Why invest into a high-end cooler on a medium-end card when you can get the same card with an equivalent cooler for $30 less? Check out the MSI Twin Frozr 7870 - fantastic card for the price.

Other than that, you may want to check out the Corsair 650D at that price, over the Phantom 630 - better build quality, and industry-leading cable management. Otherwise, the Fractal Design R4 is great - I prefer minimal cases, but if you want a gaudy case like the Phantom, go ahead; the 650D is built better.

Also, for the price of the NZXT Kraken X40, you can get an air cooler that is going to absolutely destroy the Kraken. I would switch it out for a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, one of, if not the highest-end air cooler out there. I have one, and I love it - great cooler for the price; much better than the low-end CLCs, like the Kraken X40. You will get much better temps from the Phanteks than you will from the Kraken X40.

I second this :)

I am looking to expade this rig in the later on and add more hard drives and better graphics cards. What would be a good PSU that is at least 600 watts?

A 550W PSU could handle a Titan. You can run 670 SLI off of a 650W PSU.

What do you plan on adding in the future?

Probaly a 7970 and I plan to OC the proccesor, so from talking to other PC builders i was told that i need at least a 600 watt PSU.

600W is unnecessary for an overclocked 7970 and CPU; 550W will be plenty.

Another question what if i were to switch the cooloer to a Swiftech H220. Would that be a better liquid cooling option?

The H220 is a much better CLC. The only CLC that I would consider getting, because of the pump and expansion options. The pump is 6 times as strong as the pump on the H100i, which allows you to take advantage of the expansion options it allows, such as adding your GPU into the loop. Great cooler; price-wise, though, a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or Noctua NH-D14 will perform the same, but for less. Your choice.

I'd recommend avoiding amd for now until they fix their framerating issues. I don't care what ppl say b/c of that amd is not worth it.

rollymaster, amd framerate issues depend on what beta driver you're running(maybe 6 versions ago).. i can tell you i had issues with the drivers initially.. the past 3 versions i've ran have had no issues.. especially the current ones, i have 0 issues graphically running my msi lightning r7970 boost edition.. in fact it destroys everything i throw at it on the highest settings.

as far as psus go, dont buy anything less than 650 watts, waste of time and money.. most mboard/cpu call for 500 watts minimal.. running my r7970 and on the box itself calls for 650 minimum, i went with 750 to be safe.

hey I finaly have the time and the money to build this system and I can get a 750 watt EVGA gold cerified power supply for around $20 at my local PC shop. Would fine to put in this system?

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/gpu/amd-single-gpus-do-not-have-latency-issues/139321

Long story short. You're Wrong.

13.8b driver have fixed this for dual corssfire solutions as i'm aware.

save on the memory get 8350 cpu or a 7950 gpu

Things are changed by now, you topic was over 2 months old.

Prices on parts has changed, a Radeon 7950 card is now on the same price as a 7870 that time was, so pickup a 7950 card. Msi 7950 twinfrozer.

Didnt even look to see how old the topic was

Get the HIS IceQ x2 7950. best 7950 for overclocking and cooling.