How do you use Gnome efficiently?

Is that google or facebook?

We got a Narc here boys

Um… You lost me.

I think they both have there own in-house spun distros don’t they; goobuntu

Ooooooh. Gotcha now.

I was an anti-gnome KDE hold-out for the longest time, however whilst KDE has gone steadily backwards since v2.0 in my opinion (stability, usability, etc.), Gnome has gotten “close enough” to macOS for me (expose` thing, the app launcher/dock, etc.) that it’s not “bad enough” to switch from where it is the default. It’s no macOS UI by any stretch, but it’s “usable”.

I don’t like it, but all GUIs generally suck to a greater or lesser degree, and given Gnome is the default in Fedora, etc. it is probably the most battle-tested under those platforms.

KDE is imho just barely usable these days due to software crashes, bugs, UI brain damage, etc.

A shame. I really liked it from 1.0 through 2.x, 3.5 was decent as well, but then they started with the plasma BS and it just went backwards and never truly recovered.

The fact that my KDE install on Fedora is currently so borked that I can’t log in (some update broke it somehow, and i really can’t be bothered to figure out why - i didn’t customize anything) doesn’t help matters.

GNOME has been growing greatly on me, I am a recent windows 10 convert and have been alternating between KDE and GNOME.

I have found the gestures to be a fantastic implementation, normally i despise gestures

It is true what they say about its ram usage though

1 Like