How do you StarCitizen?

Its actually pretty decent, would prefer them to be mounted though. As you can see the desk is covered with pads lol, keeps them from slipping...for the most part.

What about hinged platforms that can collapse and sit under your desk?

I thought about doing the hinged mounts actually but then I started looking around and found a ton of other DIY solutions that I liked better.

This one is what I'm going for, but modified for adjustable height and reach: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/162364/my-captain-s-seat

I really like his creativity in this one and my current office chair has a good base for it but the seat itself sucks lol. Im going to replace it with a racing car seat from ebay, shouldn't be too much hassle and I'll be saving a couple hundred over one of those overpriced DX racer chairs.

2 Likes

dunno about you guys but shouldnt the flight stick be in the center?

1 Like

Forgot to mention that, Im also going to do a center mount for the ships that have that setup. Already have the idea in my head for how to make a system similar to the keymod system for gun rails, I'll be able to pop the stick in and out of either mount in seconds by using round-head screws in the stick base and drilling holes into the mount to match.

Pretty much like this:

I definitely want to try dual sticks. How hard is it to setup?

As far as emulators go it's just about customizing the inputs to buttons. Haven't tried it in a real flight sim game yet.

It'll be a while till I get a Joystick so I'll continue using my mouse.
This is what it looks like atm
Right hand on my OrbWeaver

On my left I have a M95

Mapped in game like this

I have a used saitek x45..

But I need a new keyboard so I am thinking of just getting this..It has browns and is backlit..

http://www.keymouse.com/about
I really don't know how well it would work but I just might give it a try, as long as I don't spend any real money the next few months..I will pre order this..

3 Likes

sorry for the necro but i think this thread has lasting relevance.

for pedals, what do you guys think it should control? roll or yaw? i feel like it should do roll. but on the stick i've been pretty use to using it for the x axis for roll and just pulling up or pushing down to aim. but this is a new age!

what do you guys think?

Yaw, as it's more or less how an actual flight system works on an airplane.