Return to Level1Techs.com

How do you get such high forum read time

I’ve clicked on some profiles and have no idea how some of your “read times” are so high. I’ve been hanging around these parts for 4-5 years, and have amassed an avg of 23 mins daily, which is probably about right for me, but still feels like a lot, as I’m mostly on mobile, so it’s more intermittent than constant desk work + forum.

Just an open-ended question: how do you (as in you, personally) do it, and who here thinks they have the highest?

0 Likes

Kewldude has most posts read. I would imagine he would have highest read time.

Ooo. Both kat and kewldude are at six months

4 Likes

It’s definitly spiked since becoming a mod since I have to read a bunch of stuff for context. But basically its because I had to work 3rd shift for a few years and there was nothing to do.

1 Like

Lurking
I often find topics I know the square root of jack shit about, put them to watched and keep on reading.

4 Likes

I, too, find some threads quite interesting in this regard.

1 Like

Hang out in the lounge a lot.
Kewldude, Kat and SoulFallen are the top three.

2 Likes

That’d be me, “tied” for most read time and unquestionably most posts read at over a million. In fact, in quite a number of statistics I’m at the top.

Have a six year old account
lounge about every day for about 4 years
check forum more than a dozen times a day while not at desk, then have a monitor viewing the forum constantly while I am at my desk.

This place is my primary form of social interaction outside of work.

9 Likes

Bots. Bots Bots. Bots for fun.

1 Like

Na… all you have to do is click open stuff.

2 Likes

Well, it’s simple…
Go to the lounge. Read and post there. That will boost your stats massively.
On the other hand when I’m home I often check the forum. When I’m at work I occasionally check the forum whenever I have the time. So I spend a total of maybe 5-6 hours a day I. The forums reading stuff.
Lately I backed down, cause I don’t go to the lounge anymore, but if you go to the lounge and you are active in their bulshit you can emerge 6 hours later not knowing what’s going on…

4 Likes

Like @kewldude007 I constantly have the forum open. From the time I turn the computer on in the morning to shutting it off at night I’m here.

Currently I’m on pace with him for posts read, 3 year old account over 500k posts read compared to his 6yrs and 1M. Lagging behind him in read time though, he has 6 months to my 67 days.

Basically to get the read time up you need to be dedicated. And much like Kewldude, this place is my primary form of social interaction.

0 Likes

Not having a life helps. Im at 5 months of read time lol.

2 Likes

Had The Lounge almost always open when I’m on my PC. Been on here for 7 years almost.

2 Likes

As a person who doesn’t have any social media acc’s having high reading time on the forum is easy.
Probably the lounge helps a lot for that stat too.

3 Likes

I’m a filthy casual, but if you want to increase your read time I have the Ultimate Simple Trick:

SPEND TIME READING

/s. <- but not really

2 Likes

Q and the Anons warned me they track how much time we spend here
I should have listened :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figure most of us have boosted activity during months of extreme weather, does anyone feel they buck that trend compared to more pleasant weather, or about the same?

0 Likes

Nah, weather is something that happens outside. You would actually have to go out to be effected by it…

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

My stats are pretty low for being here over 5 years and I tend to have the site open 4-8 hours a day. Then again I also tend to disappear for a week or 2 at a time every few weeks. Then again I don’t know how this site measures post read and how that ties in with read time or the rest of the stats.

3 Likes

Definitely, I got shit weather 10/12 months tho.

2 Likes