How do you document your backup?

Hello y’all,

since I am waiting for new hardware to arrive for installation i have a bit of “free” time and i wanted to document our BackUp Process.
Is there good way to do it?
My goal is to have a good visual representation when what virutal machine gets backup to which storage.
I was looking a diagrams.net as a tool but if someone has a another good way I would be happy to hear about it.

Thanks and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

I recently learned about https://cawemo.com/ (requires registration, free account)

For quick diagrams without specialized shapes it works very well - more intuitive and user-friendly than diagrams.net.

I often use yEd (a desktop java program), though there is an online version - yEd live.

Alternatively you could look at:

• asciiflow, ASCII art graphs. For when you’re stuck in text mode and/or the matrix.
  • DOT files, best described as mark down for graphs - 90s edition. For when your mouse is too heavy to move and want fancy graphs with just a keyboard. (IMO the best bit is that you just describe state transitions, and DOT will do the hard work of linking it together and doing layout for you).