I am a noob, and have two problems probably related to each other.
problem 1: the SSD I previously used for windows storage will not allow me to make or delete files, unless through the cli (specifically when inside the mounted drive, clicking “new folder” or any of the file creation options I get a message telling me I cannot create file in [drive location] /dev/sdb)
- I have tried: wiping, formatting to ext4, fsck, then reformatting
- it can mount and unmount properly
- cd into the drive and mkdir will make a folder inside
problem 2: the SSD in question will not show as a usable drive when setting up a VM in Virt-Manager
- have I broken my drive?, and if so is it recoverable?
- does it have to do with the format?
- is there a specific process for this kind of situation, like “wipe, de corrupt/clean, format”?
Trying my best to not make this place look like Yahoo Answers