How do I Make Linux all over this Box?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VMac-Mini-PC-with-Apollo-N3450-Original-Licence-Windows10-Pocket-PC-Intel-N3450-4GB-DDR3L-RAM/32788398308.html

OpenElec or Kodi.

1 Like

Follow the instructions on OpenELEC site? It'll be x64 from the looks of it, so no biggie. Or you could install Kodi on the Win10 it comes with, or on a Linux Distro - if you'd prefer a bit more configurability than OpenELEC.

I use OpenELEC or OSMC on my Rpi2.

Ok, F'd the windows install (can't say i'm hard broken), and it won't boot into OpenElec.

If you have a way to swap the drive over to another machine and do the install then maybe you can get it going that way. You should be able to put on nearly any distro and add Kodi to that. Did you verify that the OpenELEC download is intact? Also not certain about the BIOS and how to select boot devices or turning off secure boot, some of them have special key combination to open extra menus for it.

???

Secure boot is off. I can't see the local M.2 drive on the boot option window. And everything is open on the enabled boot list option. I'm getting pissed at this locked down windows shit.

For shits n giggles try OSMC maybe, or another distro as stated by KleerKut. I've had corrupt downloads causing a non-boot on OpenELEC install media (well, all sorts of install media tbh) so try something different? Unsure about secureboot, I've yet mix it up on uefi stuff.

Thanks, @Snott i tried full ubuntu liveCD and it wouldn't boot. I messaged the Aliexpress company a see what happens.

There is just no manuals or content online for this stupid box.

You say you borked the Windows install, what happened exactly? I'm wondering if something has died rather than OS/software fault, possibly.

Ya formated Openelec over it.

Contacted the retailer about booting Linux. He said that it would require a firmware update, that he would send, to enable the boot.

1 Like