How big of a cooler am I really going to need for this?

An intel CPU  has COMPLETELY DIFFERENT thermal charactaristics and operating ranges than an AMD cpu. just because JJ used a 212 to hit 5ghz doesnt mean shit since an intel lower wattage cpu isnt the same as an AMD 8 core flagship.. AMD cpus put more heat out, period. You need an extremely top notch cooling solution to hit 5ghz stable on an 8core AMD, period. A hyper212 is a low-end air cooler. You would be lucky to get midway in the 4ghz range before you melt your socket with the thing.

Noctua NH-D14 +1 own it love it. able to keep my 1100t at 4.3 ghz at 49C (socket temp) under full load after 3 hours of prime 95. (core temp was 45c) and thats with case fans on low. so i guess if i was to crank up my case fans i could lower the temps a few degrees. having 2 delta 5k rpm fans and 2 scyth typhoons, have a huge impact on airflow and keeping everything cool.  so assuming the 8350 at 5ghz isnt much more powerhungery than a 4.3 ghz 1100t  then i can fullly reccomend it. if it is more powerhungery then i would go with a kraken or a h80i or a h100i  for prebuilts. if you want to go custom waterloop then a 240mm rad minimum with high pressure fans. pump needs to be able to move water semi fast but not so fast as to not get cooled off when passing through the radiator.

if you do go with air cooling make shure your case has the room for it. i almost could not fit my Noctua NH-D14 if it was 1 cm larger on the fins it would not clear the side intake for my video card fans. and be shure that you have low profile ram the corsair low profile ram that i have touches the outside fan on the cooler. if you have big heatsinks on your ram some of the air cooling units will not fit. i got lucky that i bought low profile ram when i built my rig otherwise i would have had to buy new ram.

Most likely I'm gonna rip a rad off a car and cut the whole thing to size. Should go just fine assuming i only have to chop down the fins. Then I'm gonna take it from there with my pump, tubing, waterblock, and resevoir.

Just realized.. not sure where I'm going to mount the radiator in my case. I have a source 220.

What I'm actually thinking at this point, mount the radiator inside the case, and mount two 120mm fans on the oustide of the case. I'm mounting the rad on the inside so I don't have to cut any holes.

Does anyone have a 2x120mm rad in a source 220? I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to mount it.