How are you guys running The Witcher 3?

I used the Overwolf FPS reading...So basically yeah everyone is using an extra app for the FPS.

playing at either 4k with all post processing turned off and everything else set to high - 50fps average

or 1440p everything maxxed except hairworks turned off - 85fps average

single evga gtx980 sc overclocked to 1563on the core and 7500 on the memory

this game is really destroying peoples graphics cards? i can't wait to pick this up in two weeks when i get paid.

I'm using GeForce experience to read my FPS.

Nvidia pulling shit again

First they crippled AMD with extreme useless tessellations in CoD, items off map in Crysis 2 and now they're crippling their own cards so people can buy maxwell.

Maxwell for all intensive purposes was massive failure at launch. i'm not surprised.

For all intents and purposes, it seems like largely circumstantial speculation, albeit, not without cause. The circumstances do call for some suspicion, However, it could still be an oversight or bug in the recent drivers.

I installed the updated drivers that were "game ready" for The Witcher 3. I got the same results that many people have been complaining about, and lowering the graphics did not yield much performance. I was getting 30 - 45FPS on mediums settings.

Once I did a clean re-install of the drivers, that problem went away. Now I can play The Witcher 3 consistently between 65 - 85FPS, sometimes in the 90s, depending on some areas, on the high preset with textures being on Ultra.

So that tells me, at least in my case, that the performance problem was a bug in the drivers, perhaps from simply "updating" them instead of doing a clean install.

If anyone has the same problem, they should try doing a clean re-install first. If the problem persists, then who knows, could be Nvidia crippling their drivers.

If that indeed turns out to be the case, then I will probably switch back to AMD with my next upgrade, unless there are custom drivers out there like the Omega Drivers that I used to download

Edit: I set the High preset in my video options but turned off Hair Works completely and and set the textures and water to Ultra