Hotspot in my home router, courtesy of my cable provider

So, my cable internet /tv/phone provider in Serbia, just made my modem/router/AP into a part of their hotspot network, by adding another channel on my wireless, (another AP via firmware - REMOTELY) \, thus using my device for their purposes. In case I want to stop it, I can cancel it on the portal of the company but than i don't have access to the aforementioned network for free wireless around the city. To summarize, if I denounce my faith in the free hotspot service can't use it and I won't be made to provide it anymore from my modem/router/AP(read - modem/router/AP they provided). I have seen on one episode of the tek that a similar thing was done by a provider there in the U.S. I hope they let you denounce it too. Is there a disadvantage of having that hotspot blled my electricity, or a danger to my home network? The company, of course, says there is no danger to my home network.
Greetings from Serbia.

p.s. the providers name is SBB, and is owned by some conglomerate that owns the same network over half of Balkans, where i can also use the same hotspot network for free

Is there a disadvantage of having that hotspot blled my electricity, or a danger to my home network? The company, of course, says there is no danger to my home network.

Theoretically your network could be hacked, but it is more of a philosophy issue than anything else. I'm paying for internet for my home. I don't want someone I don't know piggy backing off it for free. You're also most likely paying a fee to "rent" that box. They should pay you for putting a public hotspot in your house.

I don't think that in the end there will be much downside to letting them do so. As long as the free network is not affecting your bandwidth that you pay for I probably really wouldn't mind. I typically don't use the ISP provided moden/router because typically the performance on them is not that great, so if you wanted to get around this and sort of 'isolate' yourself, you could purchase your own router and bridge it to your ISP modem if you're unable to ditch it. This would create an extra layer between you and anyone who might be trying to mess with your network.