Older than the Earth news.
I am ok with them re-releasing HD versions.
However from the point of view of making new games:
1. Gearbox should stick to what it knows rather than defiling games it didn't pour its heart into making and has no way of understanding.
2. What makes Homeworld is the artwork, the design, the oriental/middle eastern soundtrack and ambient properly implemented, the story, the difficulty. All of these require the original artists and can't be replicated. If Gearbox tried to copy paste them, it would do so mindlessly and they would never truly fit together because replication isn't equivalent to careful passionate and intuitive balancing and seamless symbiosis. It doesn't have a soul without its original artists who know how it should FEEL and how it should FIT together. It would be like having the final Lord of the Rings movie given to Michael Bay to defile.
3. If Gearbox wants to make a Homeworld like game, make a new game/brand, don't defile the Homeworld name and the legacy of its creators.
4. The idea, as proposed in Gearbox forums, of porting Homeworld to tablets or consoles, would demand dumbing down gampleay and defiling the game. The response time decrease by reducing commands to menus or "hold buttons" to compensate for the lack of keyboard would make an atrocity, and if in turn this reflected on the PC version, i would kill someone.
5. If they are really poised to make a Homeworld game, do it with the original developers at the helm and Gearbox teams as mere helpers. A collaborative project where original artists command and don't make it without the original designers and the soundtrack guy (who incidentally worked the Strike Suit Zero soundtrack).
6. The prospect of Gearbox infusing memes and references into a Homeworld game, a fear i justly hold, makes me want to strangle someone as that is the douchest most tasteless crap Gearbox does and i don't wish to even consider it.
7. The idea of a Homeworld based FPS, as proposed in the Gearbox forums is pure blight. Wider audience bull kills, corrupts and plagues.
All in all, Homeworld is my most favorite games series of all time and if i see it defiled by Gearbox, i shall seek them all, i shall kill them all, i will have no mercy for their souls. Red Alert 3 was already too much of an insult, this one however would be worthy of blood shed.