Home setup heaven

hey guys i have the opertunity to set up the internet and home entertainment in my dad's new house. im thinking about good ethernet cables to 5 to 10 apple air ports express and extreme mixed with a store bought pentium job to make things move rapidly 

any ideas to make this a more killer system trying to keep the project around 5 k 

What do you want to have in the setup specifically?

Ew? Apple? Seriously? Why?

5k? 5K of gold bars? 5k of Uganadan dollars? 5k of yen?

we have 4 user computers 

4 posibly 5 tvs wifi enabled (or an addon type)

i want to stream media to everything 

i plan on getting all 4 storys with full bars wifi 

posibly add onother desktop or spare laptop to serve as a file surver when i go to collage to limit my lost file risk 

Well, 4 stories of full wifi? You wiil need multiple routers for that; a single router isn't going to be strong enough. Get a good switch, like a Netgear Prosafe GS108. That is more than enough ports for your needs. If you don't already have a modem/router, get a good cable modem (assuming your internet is cable); the Linksys DPC3008 and Netgear CMD31T are pretty good. I'm running a CMD31T in my network right now, and it's good enough.You will still need several routers to come out of your switch - 1 per floor, I would say. The router I'm running is amazing; I highly recommend it. It's an ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless N900. Fantastic router. You say your budget is 5K, which I assume is dollars. You don't need to spend that much, at all.

If you want, you could build a cheap rig that would double as the router, instead, and simply install a PCIe NIC or something. Look into using a P4, and a GB of memory, or something. Install PFSense, and go to town.

Either way, link everything up with CAT 6a cables, all shielded, and hopefully not longer than 30 meters each.

thank you i was curious how to get the nooks and cranys of the house :)

and im going apple so that we can use our iphones to control a fair amount of the house