Holy moley TES III Morrowind mod... oh dayum!

Well i have had this game in my Steam library for a very long time and just could not get myself to play it because i just could not get drawn into the game visually, the music was great though!

I installed my retail copy of Oblivion and the DLC and found it really unbalanced and TBH lacking any real character and life.

So i decided to look up Nexusmods for Morrowind... this saved the game for me and now i can't get enough!

This mod is RIDICULOUS & AMAZING!

See Morrowind now is a little lifeless and very bland looking... then in comes this..

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?

Gave it a shot.. then it had a slider with specs when installing, minimum was something like an X1800, and Very High recommended was a Phenom II + GTX 480... so i was raising my eye brow to this as i use a Phenom II quad at 4.15ghz & a OC'd EVGA FTW HC2 GTX 580 @ 900mhz.

Installed it and this is what i got...

On top of this the sound is astonishing... it bounces in all the right directions through my surround system... it's just WOW, i can get into this!

JawDrop.gif

Love PC gaming, MODS do save games! :D

3 Likes

Can't wait to get Morrowind, I here it has the best story in the ES games. Also I can't wait to mod the crud out of it.

I'll be checking this out later; thanks for the find!

You have to get about 2 hours into the game before things really start to happen. The Knights of The Nine and Shivering Isles DLC maintain god-tier status (pun intended) as far as DLC goes because they were exceptionally creative and very well done. If you play Oblivion again skip straight to those (Knights of the Nine first, since you get great gear) and you may find yourself having a fair bit of fun.

The stock story in Oblivion is not really worth it for someone who doesn't really look to complete games, as the world becomes very difficult to traverse with the increasing number of Oblivion gates that spring up and make things a pain.

But yeah this mod does wonders for Morrowind. The first few versions of this mod were actually part of a creation kit crack that allowed increased texture count and sprite density so they could pull off these awesome vistas. I remember trying it out in 2011 or so but at the time it just murdered my PC and I had to reduce details to get it working properly. The lighting and sound is all new with these recent versions though, when I tried it it was just LOD, texture, and sprite changes and additions.

Also keep an eye on Skywind, as it'll be a complete rebuild of Morrowind in the Creation Engine. Here's a link to their latest dev video.

1 Like

I do have to say that looks a far cry better than my old days playing the GOTY Edition copy of Morrowind that I sort of permanently borrowed from a friend. Wasn't there some TC mod for Oblivion to basically convert it into Morrowind?

Wow. It's amazing what mods can do. It looks as good, if not better than Vanilla Skyrim on max settings. I will definitely be checking this out later, as I've never played Morrowind.

The project moving Morrowind to the skyrim engine is called Skywind.
http://tesrenewal.com/

Downloading and getting Morrowind out of mothballs Thank you very much for this post. However, I didn't feel like joining this site for the download. I found an alternate link here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/morrowind-overhaul-3-0-released/

Elvirth2416h
I do have to say that looks a far cry better than my old days playing the GOTY Edition copy of Morrowind that I sort of permanently borrowed from a friend. Wasn't there some TC mod for Oblivion to basically convert it into Morrowind?

Here is what i can do with Skyrim.

The only issue here is my 580's Video RAM, that right there is Parallax 4K textures and it ran great for a while and then the game just started to stutter :( had to remove those beautiful textures but other than that it don't look all that much different, the lighting works well.

Schmexy Skyrim is Schmexy.