History of your Android Collection

What is you history of android? For me I never had ios for a cellular device. I had a ipod touch 2g that got lost or stolen or both. You can include when, where, why, and how got it and what happened to it after.

1. Original Droid (Dec 2009 - May 2010 #lost)

2. Original Droid Replacement (vzw warranty May 2010 - Sept 2011 #found the first one and have them still with cm)

2. Droid Bionic (Sept 2011-2012 #cracked screen, still works, given to friend)

3. Samsung Galaxy SIII (Sept 2012 - Dec 2012 #gave to dad as replacement for old lg env still in use to this day)

4. Samsung Note II (Dec 2012 - May 2014 #cracked screen, still functions [going to replace the screen soon])

5. Old LG Chocolate replace Note II

6. LG G3 (Sept 2014 - #beautiful replacement for note II)

The note II was good, but the G3 is far better. G3 is also far better than the note 3 and more or less equal to the note 4. I got the note for the stylus and found I rarely used it. I have asked others with it and they two rarely find them using it. It is a useful (rarely) gimmicky tool that costs an addition 200 - 250 dollars. I got the g3 for 50 through amazon wireless for verizon. It is actually free for some carriers. Part for part, excluding the cpu, camera, and stylus it is essentially the same as the note 4. They both are qcore phones (qcore in us). Both have qhd displays. Both are phablets. Both have 3gb of ram. I find the g3 better becuase it actually is a smartphone. The real difference besides the stylus is the camera. The camera on the g3 is 13mp with ois and the note 4 has a 16mp ois shooter. Both offer 1080p and 4k recording. So the video would be the same (in theory). The stills would be the only things that are different due to the difference in mega pixels. 

Samsung Song Galaxy Prevail 2012-2013, still have it, use it as an alarm clock now.

Moto X Gen1 late 2013-current, great phone.

Not much of a phone guy will probably keep my Moto X till it dies or no support for anything. Before the prevail I just used a normal flip flop phone until it decided to die and the only logical reason was to get a smart phone, cheaper then a traditional flip flop.

1. HTC one X (the Tegra 3  version) -loved it everything except of 1GB RAM. (Died with honor on top of Secret Mountain)
  2. Nexus 7" (the Tegra 3  version) -loved it everything except of 1GB RAM, low res screen, and no camera.(was given as gift after my use)
  3. Fujitsu F-04D (it was with Tegra 3) -hated it everything about it. (it is on my desk)
  4. Nexus 5 32GB -loving it. (it is in my pocket)

I never had any of my phones with cracked screen. I feel like to go and smash my phone on purpose, because not to feel left out, and to have that privilege to own phone with cracked screen.

1. HTC Droid Incredible (2010-2010 pretty good phone, I liked it, too bad the screen cracked on it after about a year)

2.Motorola Droid Pro (2010-2012 never asked for this one, my Incredible had the screen crack and my mother got me the "free one" without consulting me on whether I even wanted it or not. 0/10 worst phone I've ever used. Indestructible as fuck though)

3. Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx (2012-2013 good phone, extended battery was a lifesaver. The only problem I had with it was it being a phone by pre-Google Motorola and Verizon as the carrier)

4. 2012 Nexus 7 (2012-now we all know what this experience is like, too bad mine is dying)

5. HTC One M7 (2013-now so far best non-stock android experience I've ever had, I actually am finding myself enjoying Sense 6. The hardware is really good, battery life could be better but whatever. My only serious issue with my device is I have one manufactured before 2014 so I have an overheating camera sensor.)

Planned. 2013 Nexus 7 (because my 2012 is dying and the N9 will have a Tegra which I don't want.)

Back in 2013 got my LG Optimus G, loved that damn thing. Unfortunately some ass hole stole it out of my locker at my college. 

2nd device was a hand-me-down HTC OneX AT&T with a Snapdragon processor. It served me well for a while but died within 13 hours from a full charge and low usage.

3rd Phone is a Moto G which I purchased for myself back in December 2013. I still have it and love the crap out of this thing. 

Looking to upgrade, but I don't really know what to get, LG G3, Note 4, OPO if they are available by the end of the year.

1. Samsung Galaxy Note II International N7100. First and only smart phone, currently running Omni ROM with Xposed modules for specific things. Overclocked and undervolted on both the CPU and GPU it is running great. 9 home screens with 9*12 grid layouts (yes I use all of them). I got it for the stylus and and over all spec, I use the stylus just about every day, pretty much a essential feature for me. It has gotten to the point of a finely tuned user experience for me. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. Battery still lasts 1 and a half/2 days regular use + WiFi and I can stretch that to upward of 5 if I am really careful, but that is near no use. 

1. Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (Nov 20, 2012 - Sep 13, 2014): This one got changed only because it fell flat on the floor from lap altitude seated, other than that it would still be my daily driver...
  2. S5 SM-G900H (Sep. 15 - present) This phone... eh, I guess. No CyanogenMod since there's no dev with it, but I guess the Lagwiz will do for now...

I never considered iOS since my inner tinkerer would've died with it. It's been a recent discovery for me to use Android, I would've loved to know there was android back to when they released 1.0 or 2.3... But sadly, there were none available as a mobile phone with data plans back then.

I am ashamed to say that I use to be an Android hater, but you gotta admit Android SUCKED before. My first device was an iPod touch 4 that I of course jailbroke. However, android is now better. I had a GS3 and now a GS4.

1. Droid Razr Maxx (Current phone) - Got it back at the end of spring 2012. Currently running LiquidSmooth ROM, lot of small issues that i cant find any solutions to, about to upgrade though

2. Kyocera Hydro - Got 5 of these back in may of this year, they do what they do

3. Nexus 7 2013 edition - Got back in august of this year, loving it thus far.

4. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (To be main phone) - obviously i dont have this yet due to it not being out yet but i am upgrading to it right when it comes out, i plan on getting the 64GB model

HTC Desire - My first Android phone and 2nd smartphone after the iPhone 3GS. Very nice phone, but only ever recieved 2 software updates. Sold it to buy a HTC HD7 (big mistake)

HTC One X - Tegra 3 version. Very nice phone with an amazing screen and good camera for the time. The big screen was lovely after coming from an iPhone 4.

Nexus 7 2012 - Of all of my mobile devices I owned this one the longest. What a great workhorse. It was unfortunately relegated to XBMC remote duties and then sold. Good night, sweet prince.

Nexus 5 - An emergency purchase after my iPhone 5 was water damaged. This phone never quite grew on me. The wireless charging was excellent and performance was good. However, the battery life and camera just killed the experience for me. Currently gathering dust.. I do think about changing back to it every now and then.

OnePlus One - My current daily driver. A great phone on paper, but pretty annoying in real life. The camera, battery life, and screen are all excellent. The software bugs just kill this phone. The Synaptics multi-touch and typing issues makes typing a chore. The torch bug seems to have been fixed but that was annoying. I would not recommend this phone to most people. Just unclench the wallet buy the HTC One M8 or Note 4 instead.

Non-Android devices I've owned or do currently own: 

1. iPhone 3GS
  2. iPhone 4
  3. iPhone 5
  4. HTC HD7
  5. iPad 2
  6. iPad Air (current tablet)

samsung s4 mini LTE

HTC G2 - Got it in 2011 as my first Android phone (oh that 512mb of ram) ... It's still laying around somewhere running some custom version of Gingerbread (Android 2.3) ... I need to find a use for it but man that screen makes my eyes hurt.

LG G2X - (http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-P999-g2x) This was my dad's and he got an s3 so I used for about 5-6 months before the nexus 4 ... it sucked ... lets just leave it at that.

Nexus 7 (2012) - An Uncle got me this as a present after my Blackberry Playbook got lost on a flight back from India ... I often here people complaining about the experience and I too had this problem when I was running stock Google roms. I'd recommended doing two things and I guarantee you will star using it a lot again. First is to go to XDA, root your tablet, and install one of the SlimKat roms (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2510948) ... KitKat is optimized for low end devices and these guys take it a step further by literally removing any and all bloatware that runs in the background restoring the nexus 7 to the day your first opened it with its "buttery smoothness". Second go download advanced task killer and use it often. ... My nexus 7 is basically my plex streamer these days.

Nexus 4 - my current phone ... running a SlimKat ROM even though the hardware works great on Stock Google ... I probably wont upgrade this for another 2 years

1. old Lg android 2.1 phone tore apart

2. Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 sold on ebay

3. Samsung S4 bought used on ebay

Just made the switch from a windows phone(htc 8x) which was god awful and picked up the new moto x.  So far android has been worlds better than wp 8.

So

1.2014 Moto X

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, Pantech Burst, and now what I am using right now the Motorola Moto G XT1034