Hiren's Boot CD Alternative

Is there a free alternative out for Hiren's BootCD?

It becomes almost useless when used on a UEFI-only system.

Need it for the tech tools and need it to boot with EFI.

You could try UBCD, very similar to hirens. Ultimate Boot CD

You could try "System Rescue CD", version 3 or higher supports UEFI.

http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage

I've use Hiren's but then I quit using it almost the same day. It's good and all but about the only thing I found Hirens to have was a very good "pre-load" version of Windows. And that's great if you like the idea of a slip streamed portable versions of Windows. But "pre loaded" versions of Windows are a major PITA if you have any "external" apps you want to include (and use) like CCleaner, Recuva, or whatever (though I do believe CCleaner and Recuva are included with Hirens, but you get the idea).

Any more, I use a live version of Linux to do any system preparation, repairs, etc. Microsoft even has a pretty descent free off line virus scanner too -- Windows Defender. But  my usual go-to Linux distro of choice is Ubuntu 14.04 which I've found to be one of the best if you need things like drive partitioning tools such as GParted -- which is an absolute life saver and light years better than Microsoft's confusing "DISKPART" utility. Even the plain old CFDISK utility from a Linux CLI is better than Microsoft's DISKPART partitioning utility. But since I don't know why you want an alternative to Hirens I'll leave it there and simply say, give a live version of Ubuntu a try since it's one of the few distros that supports UEFI and possibly things like dual-booting a Windows/Linux rig. (Alternately, I might suggest Fedora or even OpenSuSE which also have GParted as well as CFDISK too.)

Hope it helps.

I am wiith you on the linux thing. From my experience with windows, Its best just to have windows on its own drive and everything else on another. Wipe and restore as needed. Having anything you wanna save on the same drive as windows is mostly insane. So stop it ! You will no longer have to jump through hoops in an effort to save your stuff.

I'd second that and it's pretty good advice for any OS. Keep your data separate.

I am using it for the bootable tools for disk partitioning, password reset/removal, Seatools and other testing tools. This is for when I am working on computers other than my own and I don't want to carry around a dvd or cd.

Hiren's is able to provide all this except systems that are pre-built and don't allow you to turn on compatibility mode.

Going to try UBCD first.