Hidden Gems

Have you ever played a game that no one seems to know about but is actually really good? I want to know! I just want to play some really great games that aren't obvious answers.

For me, a game that I like that not a lot of people know about is Zeno Clash. This is a first person arena type fighter and you can also use guns. This game is really fun but everytime I mention Zeno Clash I always get "Zeno Who? Do you mean Xenoblade?"

Sorry if this has been discussed already, been watching the channel for a few months and decided to try and become part of the community. 

I picked up Botanicula from an indie bundle not knowing what it was about or having any expectations and was blown away by how entertaining it was. Can't really think of any others off the top of my head right now but thats one game that I really enjoyed 

Wow, just looked at it on Steam, that game has really nice visuals. May have to give it a chance, thanks!

I really should have a list of this somewhere, I'll come back to this

Orcs Must Die 2, Wanderlust: Rebirth, I judge both books by their cover and avoiding playing them for the longest time, and now that I've tried them I can't get enough!

Dear Esther

Darwinia

Defense Grid: The Awakening

FALLOUT 1 & 2 !!!

From Dust

Overlord

Trine

Oni

It's a fighting game with guns, third person, with Ghost in the shell influences and very action oriented, well defined levels through storyline, atmospheric (mirror's edge has this game's feel a bit). I highly reccomend it. Though this thread should be in retro gaming, eh?

The forums are still active, and a lot of modders (they've got multiplayer mod)

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/index.php

Oh yeah, I remember picking up Oni on a random day back when PS2 was the best console around (arguable). I was shocked indeed because I recall only paying a few bucks for it and the game was surprisingly good. I'll have to give it another try, thanks

I am the same way, I never tried Orcs Must Die 1 or 2 for the simple fact I thought it looked dumb. Setting up traps for monsters, trying to survive through waves sounded dumb. I have heard good things and am now regretting that I didn't buy it during the Autumn Steam Sale, I'm sure it'll go on sale for the winter though.

I've heard really good things about Dear Esther, about how it's more of an experience as opposed to a game.

As big a Fallout fan as I am, I actually never got into Fallout 1 or 2. I might play them just for the sake of seeing what Fallout was before the giant hit that Fallout 3 created.

I remember playing Overlord on my 360 when I first got it... what a... weird? game. It was fun and all that I just never got into it.

As far as the rest of the games, I'll have to give them a look.

Sounds good, can't wait to see it

Startopia. If you have not played this game then you are missing big. Absolutely amazing game. It is a game about space station administration. Good graphics even by today's standards, good sence of humor, wide variety of tasks, good balance between management and action. It has several single player campaign levels. Each one is totally unique in terms of objectives.

Just looked at some gameplay, it definitely looks interesting but also not my cup of tea. I'll give it a try nevertheless.

If you like a TD style game, with story, upgrades, and customizations (sort of); I found the GemCraft series to be quiet time wasting   :D

some these aren't really hidden but if you didn't grow up on them then they are hidden

NES

• Ninja Gaiden
  • Metal Gear
  • Rescue Embassy
  • Mechanized attack!
  • Dragon warrior
  • Marble madness
  • Crystalis
  • Star tropics II: Zoda's revenge

SNES

• FX Racing
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • F-Zero
  • Super Metroid
  • MegaMan X

N64

• Paper Mario
  • Mischief Makers
  • Banjo Kazooie  R.I.P
  • Perfect Dark
  • Crusin' the USA/world

GameCube

• Paper Mario 2
  • Metroid Prime/2
  • Digimon World 4
  • Tales of Synphonia
  • WIND WAKER DAMMIT

GBA

• Megaman Battle Network
  • Megaman Zero
  • Summon nights swordcraft story
  • Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
  • Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
  • Golden Sun
  • Fire Emblem: sacred stones
  • Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars (Fire Emblem clone but with Z.O.E. Mechs)
  • Donkey Kong Land 2
  • Super Mario Land I and III
  • Darkwing Duck

Playstation

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Tekken
  • Soul Blade
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Tenchu stealth assassins
  • Dragon Warrior VII
  • Persona
  • GEX
  • Parasite EVE
  • Rayman
  • Armored CORE
  • MegaMan X6
  • Wild Arms
  • Lunar
  • XenoGears
  • Suikoden

PS2

• Okami
  • Shadow of the Collosus
  • viewtiful Joe
  • Metal Gear Solid2/3
  • Shinobi
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Rachet and Clank
  • Zone of the Enders
  • Dark Cloud
  • Samurai Champloo: sidetracked
  • Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
  • Final Fantasy XII deal with it, its a great game

a lot of these have a lot of great sequels whether they are on the same console or other wise

Cannot recommend this game enough. I have spent about 50 hours in game so far and expect to spend another 50 easy. The game difficult and punishing, but is not unfair. There’s none of the crafting BS that seems to plague rogue-likes nowadays. If you want a game where your constantly looking for loot and trying to survive til the bottom, this game is for you.

1 Like

While the latest post is contributing to the the topic. It is five years after the last post, which is considered a necro. This thread is locked.