Hi, would like to ask for help

Hello, I am trying to do a Qubes OS install on my main system (a fresh install on a fully wiped system). There are a couple of issues I appear to be running into. The install is on an i9 skylake X system with a gtx 1070, and it seems to not want to pick up my second monitor. I looked around online, and it suggests (while stating the risks of) installing nvidia drivers on dom0, the issue I’m running into is there is no driver being found by the commands listed on the help page. I’ve been kind of stuck here, I cant seem to find any information correlating to the issue while searching around the web.

1 Like

I assume you already checked your display settings to make sure the monitor is turned on in software?

Yes sir, its not even showing up in the display settings. sorry the reply took so long; I had gotten preoccupied.

Bump --still looking for help

can you walk us through where you are int he steps here? https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/install-nvidia-driver/
and what output you’re seeing?

Ok, so on the first command I recieve the output no package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia available. However (I’m noticing now) it may be because I tried this in the fedora 29 VM and not Fedora 18. I’ll try to make a VM for it now and see if that resolves the issue.

Did you add the rpmfusion repo? Fedora 18 is oooooold.

Okay I just enabled fusion, lets see if that got it working.

Okay I am still recieving the same output, here is a picture of the terminal for context (I apologize for the poor lighting).

I’m sorry for the slow replys, I’m fiddling with it as I ask around.

Try yum search nvidia

Okay, I’ve seen this output before. It’s stating it can’t find any repos.

So the network is unconfigured. Is it plugged in? Wifi?

I am plugged in and I was able to connect to the fusion repo, I just checked a similar post on stack overflow it may they are mentioning a syntax error on my part.

I need to mention, that Iam not doing this on dom0.

Could it be possible the nvidia repo is no longer there?

I just attempted to ping cloudflare the network is down in the VM.

I think dom0 gets the GPU drivers right? Because it doesn’t have hw passthrough? It’s been a while since I qubesd

They recomended downloading outside of dom0 and moving them locally on qubes website. Due to GPU’s being a security risk. (Apparently Nvidia doesn’t sign there drivers according to the qubes OS GPU passthrough page.

technically correct… but you’re going to run the proprietary drivers anyway… so… probably no big deal?