Help

My little brother and sister have just had a new computer for christmas. It has 8.1 and i set it up alright then when i shut it down to move it when i re boot it says the password is incorrect when i know it isnt. I cant seem to get it in to safe mode either. Any help please

When you set-up windows you had the option to use a profile locally or use your hotmail account, depending on what you choose that will be your password.  If you chose your hotmail account then your in luck, you can change the password online then login later with the new pass.

If you dont have any ways of finding out the password, microsoft states that "If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows."

Link:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-7

Best of luck

Unfortunatley i didnt mom is taking it back to the shop. Im fine with sticking with windows 7 myself 

Ok, best of  luck taking it back to the shop