Help with Unifi software

Does anyone who uses Unifi know where the option is to stop it restarting the AP whenever the unifi controller restarts? I used to have this turned off but have recently reset the configuration and now I can't figure out where the option is.

This may be helpful, it states that this shouldn't happen (noticed this with my AP as well) and that its because the default gateway is incorrectly detected and that either assigning a static ip address under Settings > Site > Uplink Connectivity Monitor or completely disabling it will solve the issue.

Possible causes / recommended actions

This usually shouldn't happen but in some scenarios it seems to. In some cases the default gateway may get incorrectly detected.

There are 2 possible solutions to this (you only need to perform one).

The first method involves going to Settings>Site and under Uplink Connectivity Monitor, choose custom IP, manually enter your gateway IP (or another static LAN IP) then Apply the settings.

The other possible solution is to disable the Uplink Connectivity Monitor. Do note that this is also tied to wireless uplinks, so if you are using wireless uplinks you would want to define the custom IP instead.

To disable the Upink Connectivity Monitor you would want to go to the above location, uncheck Uplink Connectivity monitor and then apply the settings.

When changing this setting it will trigger a site wide provision so keep that in mind.

Yeah I disabled the connectivity monitor because I had issues with the wifi dropping out when the internet had high latency. But this is a different problem. Whenever I restart the Unifi controller, after it boots back up the AP will restart as well. I remember seeing an option that specifically disabled this but I can't figure out where it is.

EDIT: The AP works fine when the controller is shut down, but when it powers back on the AP restarts.

hmm, I noticed this with my AP and thought it was caused by the shutdown but maybe it happened when the controller reboot.

Maybe they got rid of the setting in a recent update but I remember there being a check box for it

That is entirely possible, I can't find anything in the controller settings either.

There is no such setting, but I restarted the controller just now and the network did not get down.

Hmm. I'm sure there used to be a setting for this. But at any rate I just want it to stop happening

Is the firmware of the APs and the Controller software at latest? - I assume so, but fair asking ^^

Yeah it is

Than it is wired ...

I just went ahead and restarted the cloudkey - and neither the APs nor the USG went offline

Maybe I'll play around with some options and see what I can come up with