Help with plex on freenas

So i finally got a freenas server and I installed the plex pass plugin. I am having trouble getting plex to see my media files.

Any help would be appreciated

You’ll likely have to give the jail permissions on those folders too but im not sure what user or group should get it…

@freqlabs might know?

I think in plex you just want to specify the path relative to the root in the jail, so /media/Anime for example.

that didn’t work.

is their any other information you might need to help me to get this working?
it is freenas 11.2-u6

thanks

Run mount in the shell to see what is actually mounted.

You need to enable VNET and allow_raw_sockets in the Plex jail settings (I had issues with this as well)

thanks but no good

Not sure if you’ve tried this, but have you created a plex user in freenas with the same UID as inside the jail?

Inside your plex jail run “id plex” to get the plex users uid, then recreate that user on freenas and give it read access to the media volume.

Edit: corrected my terminology

2 Likes

Plex is a plugin, the jail should not need special configuration changes to the networking in order to access files. If you have fixed the path to the files in the jail then the only other thing I can imagine it being is permissions unless it’s some plex specific setting I’m not aware of. I don’t use plex. But if the files exist they should be visible.