Help! webcam usb mic works but not headphone mic!

Hey guys whats up!
I have a really annoying problem with my mic.
My 'newish' ivy bridge pc has been built for about 5 months now and i never really bothered to fix this until now but basically my crappy Logitech USB webcam works fine, camera and mic. But my iphone earphones DON'T work as a MIC or as earphones/mic all in one. I'm using apple earphones because i havent bought my Astro A40's yet but probably eventually i will.

My Specs: 

• Intel Core i7-3770K
  • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16Gb 1600Mhz
  • Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
  • Corsair AX-760i Fully Modular PSU
  • Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Case
  • OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda 2Tb 7200RPM 64Mb Cache Drive

So, my speakers with my pc fine, and when i need to use my iphone earphones at night or whatever it works fine as well. But i just can't get the iphone mic to work with my Dell Speakers, or the mic and earphones all in one. The webcam works fine as a mic but its terrible quality, so im hoping to be able to use my iphone earphones as a mic and use my speakers at the same time. My bios is at the latest update and i have all Asus Audio sound drivers and all that jazz but still not working. I've been playing around heaps with the audio control panels and realtek audio manager and still nothing. I would really appreciate some help as its bugging the shit out of me. 
Thanks in advance!

-Peter 

Oh and btw my Logitech webcam is plugged into my front panel USB port and my speakers into my rear speaker jack. And when i try to use my iphone earphones i plug them into my front panel mic jack and remove my webcam.

*sigh*

The audio out on a PC (green jack), is only for audio out purposes. It can not take audio input from a microphone (pink jack).

The headphones for iphone will only work on an iPhone or similar mobile device (Samsung S3/4) as they are designed for this style of output/input jack. There are dedicated jacks on PC as it is what the mass majority wants/requires.

Plus the jack is a special 4 segment design, whilst regular stereo/mic jacks are either 2 or 3 segments. Meaning that the jack is not making the correct connections within the port for it to work.

You would require something like this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone-headphone-mic-adapter to get it to work

I know that the audio jack is for audio and mic is for mic, but i've tried using my earphones as a mic on other pc's and it works fine. My friend uses his turtle beach headset as a mic (broken speakers) and uses apple earphones for audio and that works fine.
Since i dont have a headset yet would i able to use my brothers beats solo's for audio and mic? which jack would i plug it into?
Sorry if i sound nooby as fark, audio is not my walk in the park.