*help* Setting Up Dev C++ IDE on windows 7

Hi im new hear so i would like to intro myself. Names Jon i am from kanadia.

I really need help with Bloodshed Dev C++ which is using miniGW as a compiler in a windows enviroment. I'm new to coding and want to start learning. now i have set up the path C:\Dev-Cpp\bin in Enviroment variables. BUt i keep getting a build error code 1 when i try to compile and run a hello world project made from a tutorial. im finding it hard to figure out wat im missing ect. if any one can figure out wat i missed or recommend a better IDE and compiler to use that would be really helpful. Im also open to other languages if u think there more relevant.

Thanks for any support provided

Jon.B

There souldn't really be anything to set up. You should only need to install the IDE and that's it...

Dev C++ is actually a really old and buggy IDE. It's good for it's portability but otherwise you will want something better.

You can't go wrong with Microsoft Visual C++ or Code::Blocks.

what boov said... go with code::blocks + mingw if you support muh freedomz... or if you want all the .net just microsoft added, go with visual studios.

a c++ hello world should be:

#include <iostream>

int main()

{

std::cout<<"hello world";

return 0;

}

a hello world using c should be the following (note: dev c++ is shit, you shouldnt need stdlib, but if i remember correctly it will not compile without it, also im not sure if dev c++ wants the .h's after the header name):

#include <stdio.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

int main()

{

printf("hello world");

return 0;

}

ok guys thanks alot for the replies im gonna ditch dev c++ get code blocks or visual stuido which ever is more accesible to me. (the tutorial i was watching was using dev c that y i chose it)