Help please, will it fit?

I was looking at this sapphire r9 280x: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPZW686/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1G945JXTBHMB7&coliid=I2WU2S0PNE84NP

but I don't know if it would fit in this case (Rosewill challenger U3): http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Gaming-Tower-Computer-CHALLENGER-U3/forum/Fx2Z7KJFQN18SH4/-/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_aar_ql?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005HJMQIS&cdSort=best

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I don't think so the dimensions listed on the card have it at slightly over 14" long. comments for the case say that it will accommodate cards up to 11"

unless 14.8 x 4 x 9.8 inches is the size of the box the card comes in rather than the size of the card.

It'd put my money on 'no' - those hard drive bays are going to cause you grief. Choose another case if you can. Otherwise cut out the hdd cages (neatly) so you can fit whatever card you like.

Asus gtx 760 mini.

It may fit ... drive cages are gonna be tight 

GPU (packaging) Dimensions supplied by Amazon ... 14.8 x 4 x 9.8 inches      (#%@#&# Amazon!)  

At first glance I did not notice that the GPU dimensions supplied by Amazon 

where for the packaging not the card  ... lol

Card Dimensions in inches ... 12.2 deep x 1.4 wide x  4.25 tall   specs are from Sapphire's website

Case Dimensions in inches ... 18.5 deep x 7.5 wide x 17.1 inches tall

It is impossible for me to tell without actually measuring to see if you have sufficient room so you don't have to remove the drive cage

Call up the manufacturer or Newegg and ask them to measure it for you.  lol

Okay, so it's not gonna fit. New question, are there any drawbacks other than cooling and sound I'm going to get if I go with the sapphire dual-x version of this card? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLMKNE0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1G945JXTBHMB7&coliid=I1JB4DVYUQMKYD

From the benchmarks I've seen the Vapor-X runs quite a bit hotter than the Dual-X

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6210/sapphire-radeon-r9-280-dual-x-3gb-oc-video-card-review/index13.html

Hope this helps ... the Dual-X will get hotter quicker (may not as long) and it will be much noisier than the Tri-X ... Other than (Price & size obviously) I see only a minor variance in core speeds and additional power requirements __

• Specification ... SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 TRI-X OC
  • Display Support supports up to 3 display monitor(s) without DisplayPort
  • 4 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support
  • Output 1 x HDMI (with 3D)
  • 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
  • 1 x Dual-Link DVI-D
  • 1 x Dual-Link DVI-I
  • >>>>>>> GPU 1000/Boost:1100 MHz Core Clock <<<<<<<<
  • 28 nm Chip
  • 2048 x Stream Processors
  • Video Memory 3072 MB Size
  • 384 -bit GDDR5
  • 6000 MHz Effective
  • >>>>>>> Dimension 308(L)X108(W)X35(H) mm  <<<<<<<<
  • 2 x slot
  • Software Driver CD
  • SAPPHIRE TriXX Utility
  • Accessory CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
  • >>>>>>> 8-PIN to 4 PIN x2 Power Cable   <<<<<<<<
  • HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)

• Specification ... SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC
  • Display Support supports up to 3 display monitor(s) without DisplayPort
  • 4 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support
  • Output 1 x HDMI (with 3D)
  • 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
  • 1 x Dual-Link DVI-D
  • 1 x Dual-Link DVI-I
  • >>>>>>> GPU 870/Boost:1020 MHz Core Clock <<<<<<<<
  • 28 nm Chip
  • 2048 x Stream Processors
  • Video Memory 3072 MB Size
  • 384 -bit GDDR5
  • 6000 MHz Effective
  • >>>>>>> Dimension 262(L)X112(W)X34(H) mm <<<<<<<<
  • 2 x slot
  • Software Driver CD
  • SAPPHIRE TriXX Utility
  • Accessory CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
  • >>>>>>> 8 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable  <<<<<<<<

+1 good stuff !

Hmm okay so I would definitely have to go with the dual-X version. How much of an increase in performance would I see when mining litecoin with this card vs. an evga superclocked gtx770?

no clue here ... sorry

The hashrate per watt will be greatly in the amd cards favour and in general its a stronger miner. If all the machine is doing is mining than look into picking up an ex-mining card for next to nothing. Even if it artifacts you can just run a display off another card or motherboard output since you can assign what hardware mines what. Also unless you are getting free power it'll take many many months or a coin spike in the future to recoup your money.