Help please spent 3 days trying to get my pc to work // Solved

So I’m no noob when it comes to building rigs but I’m not super professional either last thing I built was a ASUS sabertooth 990fx 2.0 with sli 1080s 16gb ram and a ssd drive , this was put everything together turn on and play

My new PC I’m having trouble it’s the ASUS crosshair VI with the ryzen core , I have two solid state drives plugged in through sata yet that already have OS on them but in bios nothing shows up as bootable device ?? All it shows is my ram and cpu can I don’t know what legacy and raid and all this stuff means how come I couldn’t just turn it on and it found the bootable device like on my old mobo? Please someone help I’m about to be one of those people bringing a rig into Best Buy to pay for something very simple my number is[redacted by staff]if anyone would like to text me I’ll be trying all day to fix it still

UEFI vs MBR? And possibly SATA port configuration? I know my home tower required me to change SATA from IDE to AHCI but I didn’t realize that until after I had ran it for a while. You can swap it after the fact but Windows has to have the change before you switch BIOS. Also could just be a corrupt boot sector

You’re a fucking legend.

1 Like

Just making sure, you have both the power and data cables connected to the SSDs right?

1 Like

So should I go into the bios and change it and try that first ? Everything is sett to default right now , like my cd dvd rom drive won’t even open for some reason brand new bought it yesterday because I only have windows 7 on a usb and when it loads I can’t use my mouse or keyboard so idk what’s up with that either ? Can you give me some steps to try ?

Lol yes power and Sata is connected to everything

1 Like

I have done this so many times

Can you tell me what to do please ? I just wanna play BF 5 :frowning:

1 Like

Looking at your comment about the CD drive not showing then check your SATA port configuration. You DO NOT want it set to raid.

1 Like

hey so question is this new or old os installation?

Everything is set to default in bios

It’s windows 10 on my ssd

Could you have installed w10 in bios mode and not uefi mode?

Go to boot and change ‘uefi’ to ‘legacy’

I’m not sure I had windows 8 and my buddy came over With a usb drive and upgraded me to 10

2 Likes

Can you upload pictures of the desktop and bios

well theres your problem xd

Try what I said see what happens. if nothing, change it back.

not you sry didnt mean to reply to you ment OP come on Aremis you know that

@Locdogluke did you just take the drives from your old computer and put them in your new computer?

1 Like

Okay trying now

Sure here’s pics it’s a big messy because I’ve been trying everything so my ssds are in front instead of the slots dedicated to them on my case

Yes just took them out from my old one and put them in my new one

See where no device data shows I feel like either data cable is loose or power cable is loose. However it’s erfecting every drive so h less they share one SATA power cord it shouldn’t. If it’s a modular PSU and they all share one cord then check it’s connection at the PSU

make sure the modular psu has the sata pluged all the way in, also reseat that sata cables (PSU side not drive)

1 Like