Help on a under 1k

So, i need your help guys since im a total noob to pc gaming

first of all, this pc will be used exclusive for gaming and nothing else. (bf3, ps2, etc...)

My limit is 1k (without the rebates because i wont get them) but doesn't mean i have to reach the 1k, i just want to play max settings on the new games at 1080p. (im leaving consoles because graphics)

and got this setup from the november build mid range pc...

case: Cooler Master HAF 912

gpu: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB

psu: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W

ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4gb)

cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212

ssd: Kingston HyperX 3K 120gb

cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX  AM3

either that or change to

cpu: i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155

case: NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower

is it worth the extra money for the intel version for gaming?

am i spending too much/less on my needs?

thanks and sorry for grammatical errors, im from Mexico

I don't really see that video card pushing a CPU bottleneck, so it probably won't be worth the switch to the I5. If you plan on doing any encoding or video work it would probably be worth it.

so i can go with the amd version then,
and what about everything else?

how's the "harmony" on this setup? 

Motherboard: Get an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 instead.

Storage: Get a mechanical drive instead.

Everything else looks good.  The 6300 is more than enough for gaming, and maybe you could fit a 7970 there instead?( Oh sure, add a pricier CPU with a pricier case!)

As for the harmony, everything works out whichever way you go.

I personally don't use SSDs as they are extremely expensive especially for the little amount of space you get. Just my opinion though. Also 120GB might not last you very long depending on how much gaming you do. You could get a WD Caviar blue 500GB for under 70 bucks, or even a Caviar Black for under the price of the SSD. As for the mobo, you could get the FX-6300 with the Asrock 970 Extreme 4 if you wanted at microcenter and get 40 dollars off the mobo. (Not sure how much longer this deal is going on for so look soon if your interested.)

I found a caviar black with 1tb for the same price, so I'm gonna take your advices to change it

and i think im about the change the gpu to the gigabyte amd radeon hd 7950 3gb. Its a bit cheaper and seems to have better reviews.

thanks

should i wait for black friday?