Help. Need new fans for my radiator

Hi,

I have a Corsair H80i and I want to get rid of the stock fans on them for reasons that are not important (I just don't like them). I'm planning to replace them with two Noctua NF-F12 PWMs in a push/pull configuration; however, I've been doing some research and fail to see the benefit of having a high/static pressure fan in the pull part of the configuration. A static pressure fan is to prevent any air from bouncing back from the radiator and out through the spacing between the fan blades.

Now that being said; would it not be better to have one Noctua NF-F12 PWM to push the air through the radiator and an airflow fan like the Noctua NF-S12A FLX to pull the air from the radiator? Also, would using a pressure fan to push air really needed? Could you just use and airflow fan to just pull air?

I would appreciate anyone's insight; especially if you have lots of experience testing out these types of configuration. Thanks in advance :)

the high SP fan in the push is better able to push the air through the rad, otherwise, the air tesds to spill out around it. now, on the pull end, you're probably right, SP probably doesn't matter on the pull.

however, there is a well proven benefit to push-pull over just push or just pull. perhaps you can be the guinea pig, and test the difference with the pull fan.

i like cougar fans, orange is sexy.