Help my gpu keeps giving no sign and pc fans are on full?!?

So about two months ago on my pc when I was playing a game my pc screen would give me a ‘no signal’ and the fans on the PC would speed up to what I guess is max rpm, the system would never recover until I did an ‘illegal’ shutdown after the shutdown the PC worked fine playing games and all that. since then I have had this issue pop up more more frequently every few days to multiple times in 1 day (2 times today). I have deducted that it’s either something wrong with the gpu or psu, I know that the other parts of the pc seem to work fine as when the screen went blank I could still hear my friends and they could hear me.

The PC was bought february 2017 and built within two days. here are the specs every time I forcefully reboot the PC in that situation I see two log entries saying “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.” before the log “Kernel-Power” telling me that the ‘system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first’ that bit is normal the bit about “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding” isn’t, it may say it recovers but it doesn’t.

Any help would be welcomed thank you for your time :slight_smile:!

If it were your PSU I think your PC should be turned off entirely, so I suppose this might be your GPU. You should try a different GPU though, just to be sure.
Oh, and before you do that. Try the other PCIe slot below, just to be sure.

Also try different drivers if you haven’t already.

have tried 4 or 5 different ones :frowning: no luck

i ordered a 200£ card from amazon, a 1080 in approximately 21-27 days so if I can’t wait that long ill probably buy a 1050. i tried a different slot so i’ll find out if it happens again it wasn’t the problem.

Since your PC is only one year old shouldn’t there still be some kind of warranty?

yeah there should be but I had my aunt buy thorough her amazon so I will find out when I get to see her who it was bought from amazon or some other company as if I look it up now it may show a different supplier.