Help me find something fun to drive [Solved]

I wouldn’t doubt that for a second, not sure I’d want 500 hp in something that size.

Ya I messaged him last night to see where he sold it. If they haven’t put it on the lot I’ll go and offer em 6 or 7 for it before they go through the process of getting it online and everything. He sold it 3 days ago…

Look for a ralliart maybe?

Wow, those look a lot more reasonable in price. The cars that do have more than 80k miles are actually priced appropriately. Not to mention half of them aren’t just parts cars hiding in listings.

Absolutely go with a bike. You can get a little that is a few years old with 5,000 miles on it for only 2-3K. Or you can get a big sport bike for 5-9K USD.

This is my next bike:

3 Likes

Strongly considering one of these as a step up from my R3. Torn between the 07 and 09 for not much more.

I know, it’s a tough choice.

I also test rode a grom and had a hard time saying no at the dealership. You wanna talk about pure fun? Grom/z125 is stupid fun. Not very practical though.

How about a pony ?

But in a serious note I always wanted try out an Eleanor (yes because of the Nic Cage movie, even though the original movie is better :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I’ve also got a bad history of selling my painstakingly built projects only to be destroyed by new owners.

Corolla GTi + 3SGTE turbo = 9 years no issues then within weeks under-steered twice into kerbs destroying the custom alloys and steering rack. I ended up buying it back as they couldn’t afford the repair bill.

Celica Sports M + Blitz supercharger = 3 years owned then again front corner damage including the TRD driveshaft and Super Strut II suspension within a week! Both expensive to replace.

Striker kit car (Lotus 7) = 7 years no mechanical failures within 2 weeks the new owner had snapped a drive shaft!

RX7 + LS1 = 7 years no mechanical failures currently being advertised so watch this space!

IS200/Altezza + 2JZ-GTE would be one of my ultimate sleepers or anything small with the Mazda/Jag AJ-V6 3.0 installed.

1 Like

My condolences.
And I thought watching my brother fill my old car with french fries was bad.

This is why I mod nuggets. Easy come easy go if it’s a shitbox to start with.

Though my eclipse had a similar fate; The new owner burnt out the clutch and diff within a few months of the purchase, tried to say I scammed him.

I wouldn’t recommend “a big sport bike” as a first. You can get lots of fun out of a cbr300 or so, while still not having enough power to kill you if you accidentally blip the throttle at 70mph.

My advice: Go with the 07. It’s got a high center of gravity and a lot of torque. That’s a recipe for wheelies.

My Miata is running the Honda J32A right now. I’m tempted to change over to the AJ-V6, but it’s not exactly cheap and I get nothing but a better sounding engine from it. :frowning: Maybe when I blow it up…

1 Like

While I dont really care about wheelies I do think the 07 looks better overall and its probably cheaper on insurance than the 09. The main reason I want the 09 is because of the sound.

1 Like

You make 3 valid points: Less expensive and looks better or sounds like pure sex.

Let me elaborate on my previous point: No matter which bike you get, you’ll have plenty of power. The combination of torque and high center of mass means that you’ll have to be wary of the fact that it’s easy to wheelie. Basically the bike takes a lot of self-control.

1 Like

I cant say I have a whole lot of that. Plus the R3 is teaching me this really bad habit of being WOT everywhere I go.

I’d highly recommend learning to take it easy on the throttle.

A 2016 R3 is around 40hp, 21tq. while the fz07 is 75 and 50 respectively. That’s quite the power gain.

The R3 is 368lbs wet, while the FZ07 is 397 wet. That’s barely anything. You’re going to notice every last inch-ounce of that torque.

1 Like

My buddy had a FZ-07 and turned it in for ‘something cheaper’ the insurance was a bit high for him. Thing was a monster though, and lighter than my Suzuki Bandit GSF600.

2 Likes

hummer H1

yeah because 3 mpg is fun.